Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laser Eye Surgery

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A friend of mine said "the worst part is knowing they will now do exactly the same on the other eye"

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I want/wanted it. Thing i've had glasses since I was 7 or 8 I think and I'm -6 in both eyes. Cant see shit though I'm a bit scared still, thats just me though

My twin got his done, her was -2 or -3. He came out with better that 20/20 vision and was back at work the next day. Seems ridiculous now not to get it really I think it cost 1500GBP about 10 years ago

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I actually got mine done in 2013, on the back of reading some reviews on a related thread on NSC (god bless this forum :p )

Anyway, my eyesight is now better than 20/20. I did have a problem with dry eyes for which I took non-prescription eye drops. That has now vanished, and I found the procedure itself mildly uncomfortable but not painful. As for the cost, I was wondering if the cost of LASIK will pay for itself over the years. I'm young (early 20s) and the consultant said I could expect perhaps 40 years of perfect vision. Even so, it has saved so much inconvenience with looking after contact lenses, and I'm a very sporty individual so glasses are often not suited for certain occasions.

It's not for everyone, don't let people force you down that route, but if you feel it's right for you, I'd say go for it. Look for companies that offer excellent after-care, that bit is crucial but so often forgotten by folks researching these types of procedures. And if you have it done in the middle of winter, expect to look a little bit out of place wearing sunglasses for up to a week post-treatment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I always assumes it was a simple procedure with nearly guaranteed excellent results, however a few years ago I was happily listening to one of those BBC Radio 2 Jeremy Vine show debates on this very thing, by the end of it with various experts and the usual public anecdotes it seemed a desperately risky thing to have done, just saying.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is something I wonder about as I have had glasses and contacts since I was about 10, I honestly doubt if it would work for me though as I am -7.50 in one eye and -8 in the other and recently on my last visit to the opticians I had to get bifocals. He did say that my long distance vision probably wont get any worse and in fact improve slightly I was -8.50 & -8.00 I don't get how that works.

I am past the age when I particularly care anymore on the vanity front, but even at 47 I am sure it would still work out cost effective.

Anyone else similar to me had it done ?

Thanks

Martin

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
This is something I wonder about as I have had glasses and contacts since I was about 10, I honestly doubt if it would work for me though as I am -7.50 in one eye and -8 in the other and recently on my last visit to the opticians I had to get bifocals. He did say that my long distance vision probably wont get any worse and in fact improve slightly I was -8.50 & -8.00 I don't get how that works.

I am past the age when I particularly care anymore on the vanity front, but even at 47 I am sure it would still work out cost effective.

Thanks

Martin

No but I'm in the same boat. I also think I'd be weird without glasses now, they are part of my identitly I think that holds me bacck somewhat

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks

Martin
Former colleague of mine was -10 and had it done, massive success for him. I'd recommend going for an initial consultation - don't think they charge (sure Ultralase didn't) and if you're not suitable they won't attempt to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here