Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laser Eye Surgery

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Im going for a consulation on Monday in Hove.Has anyone on the board had this done and can they tell me the results etc.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Had mine done 5 years ago and very pleased with the results.

I had the one where they slice the eye open so had both done at the same time. Night driving was a bit funny for a month or so but that soom wore off.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
kestrel said:
Im going for a consulation on Monday in Hove.Has anyone on the board had this done and can they tell me the results etc.

I've been thinking about it for a while, but dont like the idea of having my eyes sliced open !

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Laser Eye Surgery

Wanderer said:
I've been thinking about it for a while, but dont like the idea of having my eyes sliced open !

That's what put me off. Then I got used to wearing glasses and I think it's fine as it is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know a few people that have had it done. I am happy with contact lenses but all say that while initially uncomfortable and sore for 3-4 days it has been well worth it. I say you should do it.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Had it done around 8 years ago. Best thing I ever did. As someone else said, night driving was a bit funny for a while but that goes after a while.

Completely painless procedure. was done in 10 minutes then back in the morning for a check up. all very easy

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
MORTY said:
Had it done around 8 years ago. Best thing I ever did. As someone else said, night driving was a bit funny for a while but that goes after a while.

Completely painless procedure. was done in 10 minutes then back in the morning for a check up. all very easy

Umm, I am thinking about it.....I guess it's a pretty standard procedure now

Jul 25, 2006
Had it done 3 years ago. Best thing ever. Not painful - only a little uncomfortable for a day or so afterwards.

Although you can see it, you don't feel the scalpel slicing your eye open. Worst thing is when you can smell the laser burning your eyeball away.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
Had it done 3 years ago. Best thing ever. Not painful - only a little uncomfortable for a day or so afterwards.

Although you can see it, you don't feel the scalpel slicing your eye open. Worst thing is when you can smell the laser burning your eyeball away.
I could not agree more about the burning smell but like everyone has said that had it done it was the best money I have ever spent. It cost me £1800 for my surgery but I calculated that 6 years of Contacts and Glasses and it had paid for itself. Also saves you an hour taking contacts out when your pissed :)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
kestrel said:

Mrs cjd had hers done about 4 years ago....no problems whatsoever. Great thing to get done.

If you have it done, can you arrange for it to be on a Thursday, so you,re ready for action on PFYC on Monday...?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here