Lara finishes on a high.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
For those of you that follow the Albion greyhounds we have some sad news, Albion Star (Lara) has run her last race, she ran her last race on 17th April winning in the only was she knew, finishing late and fast to get up on the line, in her last race she was judged to have turned her head, which basically means she looked to fight with another runner, she is due to come into season shortly which would mean 3 months off the track then to get her back she has to do clearing trials to try and prove turning her head isn't a regualr thing, this can take a lot of time and then if she were to turn her head again she DQ for good, so in consultation with Jason Heath her trainer we felt as Lara will soon be 4 years old and she has run 114 races and she is in good health it was time for her to be retired, the syndicate will be looking to re-home her shortly.
Lara has become a bit of a celeb at the track and on sky TV because of the way she ran, she has given the syndicate 2 1/2 years of great enjoyment, she has one last trophy to pick up in May sometime for her 100 races. Although the syndicate could never replace our Lara another addition to the syndicate runners will hopefully be added shortly.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Great enjoyment and she had a massive following by all greyhound supporters!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sounds like people in the syndicate have had thier monies worth , did not realise there was such a rule as that in Greyhound racing , interesting stuff , can i ask how you re - home ? are the dogs placed in a animal shelter or directly re-homed to people ? the 2 we have had have made fantastic pets and need suprisingly little exercise compared to other breeds we have had .

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Lara will be directly re-homed, yes they make great pets, Lara is a very loving dog and will make a great pet, we hopefully will keep her local, she is going to be spayed next week in readiness to be re-homed.

Albionstaryouthfc

Sep 22, 2012
Belfast
its a real shame lara was starting to pick up a good following over here in belfast, maybe they will have more of a interest in albion legend and albion flyer. everyone at albion hope that she is re homed to a safe home and to someone that is going to take real good care of her. its just a pity we couldnt get her over to belfast before she retired for a few photos but i hope everyone on the site will keep us updated on her situation. we are albion star Lara.jpg

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
She has given the syndicate so much enjoyment throughout. Never did I think I could have so much fun watching a dog run. Pleasure to be involved with her. Only regret for me is not seeing her run the 970meters marathon trip as I'm sure this could've been her ideal trip. But neverless great fun watching all her runs.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We Love Albion Star, say We Love Albion Star

Awesome Sean. We are loving that. Very proud of the lads. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports