Lap of Honour/Appreciation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Whatever it's called, I do hope Poyet's latest little rant against the supporters won't prevent there being the traditional big lap of applause after the game from the whole squad on Saturday.

It's a Saturday, there's very few excuses for people not to hang around an applaud the team off after this season. The first pint can wait a few more minutes. Hopefully the Amex is near full when they come back out. Will good to see some mutual appreciation between fans and team at a PROPER ground.

D

Deleted member 22389

Definately. Its been an excellent season. Had some great days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reported.
Someone has hacked WW's account.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It would be nice to think that the majority of the crowd will stay & show their appreciation but I'm sure there'll be the usual rush for the exits in the last 10 minutes.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think it will be well observed, there will be plenty there to show appreciation for the efforts all season long. It's gone so quickly. :down:

I hope we see people like Martin Perry strolling around as well, that man deserves it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Would be nice to see the crowd clap ALL the players for their effort, they clap us at the end of a game. We have had some great football this season and i for one cannot wait for the new season.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Been a fantastic nine months and hope they do and that it is well observerd

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I think there'll be something, the coach company has emailed out that the coaches will leave a little later, as there's likely to be a lap of honour.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Only problem is CMS will still be clapping into next week

Feb 14, 2010
At the goldstone it was traditional for an end of season party to take place on the pitch. Can't see " 'elf and safety" at the amex allowing that. As for a lap of honour, well the players ultimately achieved nothing. The Albion is not like running a non competitive sports day with some weird teacher. The culture at the Albion should be to reward success, not applaud failing to reach the play offs.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
At the goldstone it was traditional for an end of season party to take place on the pitch. Can't see " 'elf and safety" at the amex allowing that. As for a lap of honour, well the players ultimately achieved nothing. The Albion is not like running a non competitive sports day with some weird teacher. The culture at the Albion should be to reward success, not applaud failing to reach the play offs.

I personally think this season has been an enormous success, and would have been absolutely unbelievable if we'd reached the play-offs.
I'll be staying and applauding them.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford

No pleasing some! Suppose u were 1 of the boo boys last night. We were cr@p 1st half but not as bad as some of the recent seasons!

I have enjoyed the whole season and have been frustrated at times but as I thought we'd do well 2 get 2 half way I will b staying 2 show my appreciation

Akerr99

Sep 25, 2010
Wantage
Poyet is right - We've done well this season. 2 years ago, we were at Withdean and our sole focus was getting enough points to stay in league one. Now we're at the AMEX and upset we're not in the playoffs to get to the premier league ? Yes, we played badly first half yesterday but we came back and got a point. Gus and the team deserve our recognition of how far they've come and the promise they show

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports