Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lanzarote advice

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
A bit late to the party, but make sure you enjoy some tapas at one of the beach front places in El Golfo, late afternoon, it's beautiful. I love lanzarote, it's about as laid back as you can find.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
I would definitely recommend the "green caves" stunning underground network of caves, and down there you will see the secret of lanzarote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi BG,
As promised I have a little review of our first trip to Lanzaote. Firstly, we stayed at Costa Teguise and only passed through Puerto Del Carmen so I can't offer much advice on your resort, except that your resort is by far the largest and most popular on the island. Eating out is not a problem and is really quite reasonable and varied. Prices for a beer start from 1euro and a full english ( if that's your fancy ) from 3 euros. If you decide to go out for a meal and drink and depending on your taste you can eat out for 2 from 20 euros ( either pizza/ fish+chips/ pie&mash and a couple of drinks ) and spend a bit more ( around 40 eurs ) for a couple of steak meals or fresh fish with drinks if you're feeling flush. The island itself is very small ( 37 miles by 16 miles ) and being volcanic has large areas covered by lava flow which gives it a lunar/other world feel. As the mountains on the island are not that tall the clouds tend to hang around a lot longer than they would than if you were on say Tenerife or Gran Canaria, where the larger mountains help move the clouds on ( this nugget of information was given to me by one of our tour guides ). Plenty to do on the island if you're into sight seeing but the trip I most recommend would be a full island coach tour, ( not cheap at 45 euros per person ) it involves going East to West and North to South, takes about 8 or 9 hours and plenty of places of interest. A few of which include designs by Cesar Manrique such as Jameos del Agua and Monumento & Museo del Campesino and the route taken around Timanfaya National Park.
The tour also includes wine tasting, lunch and as I mentioned the tour of Timanfaya National Park, a must if only for the butt clenching coach tour around on the highest mountain ( narrow road and shear drops and a huge round of applause for the driver) and experiments to show you the power of the active lava flow beneath the Islote de Hilario and optional camel ride if you so wish. I must ssy for our first visit we were highly impressed with the island and would definitely go back. Buses are frequent and cheap and there is a main market on a Sunday in Teguise - a different area than Costa Teguise and buses or coaches will take you there.

If an 8 or 9 hour trip seems a bit of a long haul and/or a bit pricey, I'd thoroughly recommend doing a south of the island tour. It's about 20 euros, lasts about 5 hours and includesTimanfaya National Park, wine tasting, optional camel rides and stops to take in some of the spectacular lunar views. Very informative and well worth doing to get a flavour of the island IMHO.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hated Lanzarotte, it's boring.

That is as comprehensive a review as I can give.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Thanks for that as it gives a good insight into what we can expect only 10 days to go now before we go and wife and I cant wait.

Have a great time with the Mrs, BG. Haven't stayed on Lanzarote but have been over on the volcanoes day trip from Fuerteventura. Well worth seeing but cannot say I was that impressed with the crossing (I was a distinct shade of green as it was choppy) or the volcanoes as it was raining and blowing a gale! Have been to Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria and Tenerife. Be great for you to get some regular sunshine and come back refreshed to annoy this lot on here. :wink:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
One of my best friends dads owns sorrento Italian one number 25 on the list, no idea if it's any good [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have a great time with the Mrs, BG. Haven't stayed on Lanzarote but have been over on the volcanoes day trip from Fuerteventura. Well worth seeing but cannot say I was that impressed with the crossing (I was a distinct shade of green as it was choppy) or the volcanoes as it was raining and blowing a gale! Have been to Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria and Tenerife. Be great for you to get some regular sunshine and come back refreshed to annoy this lot on here. :wink:

Thanks for those few kind words I will try to enjoy it as I do life in general.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
- Lanzarotte?

No such f******g place.

At least spell the f*****g place's name right you moron OP..

Crikey, you think everyone who makes a spelling mistake or typo error is a moron.....

By the way it should be f.....g places name.....not place`s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here