Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could you explain?

Cycling carries the can for all sports ills, again:-

You'd rather he wasn't punished?
Apologies chaps.

The Spanish authorities are in possession of hundreds of Fuentes patients blood bags.
This blood has been linked to known cycling cheats, whom I can list, as they have been previously named and named in this trial.

But they are not the only blood bags.

The other bags are believed to contain the blood of many of Spain's sports stars including footballers and tennis players.

But those names have never come out, and seemingly never will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Spanish authorities are in possession of hundreds of Fuentes patients blood bags.
This blood has been linked to known cycling cheats, whom I can list, as they have been previously named and named in this trial.

But they are not the only blood bags.

The other bags are believed to contain the blood of many of Spain's sports stars including footballers and tennis players.

But those names have never come out, and seemingly never will.
Ok, so the authorities have blood samples. But have the blood samples tested positive for banned substances? And if they've tested positive, why not release the info?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok, so the authorities have blood samples. But have the blood samples tested positive for banned substances? And if they've tested positive, why not release the info?
We're talking pretty sickening full bags of blood, hundreds of them, not the mental image of a sample on a slide.

7882137.jpg

Why not indeed?

It doesn't help quash any conspiracy theorists who are keen to believe it's some pretty big stars linked to the rise of Spain's sporting success over the last decade, or so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're talking pretty sickening full bags of blood, not the mental image of a sample on a slide.
Oh I see, so not necessarily drugs, but athletes adding their own blood back to their bodies.

It doesn't help quash any conspiracy theorists who are keen to believe it's some pretty big stars linked to the rise of Spain's sporting success over the last decade, or so.
Don't any global governing bodies get a say?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I see, so not necessarily drugs, but athletes adding their own blood back to their bodies.

It is drugs related.
The principle being you disappear from out of competition testers load yourself up to the gills, train hard, then have the 'rocket fuel' blood removed.
Fuentes then removes all the drugs from the blood leaving arse kicking super blood to go back in as and when it's needed.

The effects are obvious for cycling, the day before a pooh load of mountain climbs.

But how about winning that 6 hour 5 set thriller, or being the strongest team on the pitch from 80 minutes.

Don't any global governing bodies get a say?
and shoot the goose laying the golden egg.

All the while having to admit how laughable your testing policy was.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and shoot the goose laying the golden egg.

All the while having to admit how laughable your testing policy was.
Spain isn't a golden goose for the world as a whole. And we all know that testing is always behind the dopers, and a drug test won't find if someone's pumped their blood back into themselves. There's no shame in catching a load of people that are cheating, there would be shame in sweeping it under the carpet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spain isn't a golden goose for the world as a whole. And we all know that testing is always behind the dopers, and a drug test won't find if someone's pumped their blood back into themselves. There's no shame in catching a load of people that are cheating, there would be shame in sweeping it under the carpet.
Why have carpet if you're not going to sweep stuff under it! :lol:

The testers caught Contador because he had trace elements of the plastic bag the blood is stored in, in his system.

Fuentes has well documented records as to what program each athlete is on.
A la 'Arry and Rosie, the athletes are recognisable by less than original codes.

The court has all of this information but are refusing to investigate beyond the remit of cycling.

As in cycling there's a lot of noses in the same trough throughout all sports.
The truth is out there, but there's an awful lot of carpet to get through before we find it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The court has all of this information but are refusing to investigate beyond the remit of cycling.

As in cycling there's a lot of noses in the same trough throughout all sports.
The truth is out there, but there's an awful lot of carpet to get through before we find it.
If you need anyone to join you on a march, I'm in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you need anyone to join you on a march, I'm in.
The whole world could march, but FIFA isn't going to discredit the 2010 World Cup.
UEFA isn't going to discredit the 2008 & 2012 Euro's.

Spain isn't going to take it's punishment and walk away quietly.

The LTA isn't going to discredit a hatful of 'slam titles plus 2009 & '11 Davis Cup.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The whole world could march, but FIFA isn't going to discredit the 2010 World Cup.
UEFA isn't going to discredit the 2008 & 2012 Euro's.
If the players were found to have been doping, the fans will discredit them. That'll do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is amazing how many sports turn a blind eye to PEDs. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.
As I was trying to (badly) explain to [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION].

The authories have to turn a blind eye, if the absolute top to bottom truth came out, nobody would want to have any involvement in any sport.

Cycling is a third world sport, when it comes to finances, and in one respect is almost lucky to have a crooked history.

If every single footballer who regularly took PED's admitted it, and stopped, the sport would lose millions of fans and billions of pounds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I was trying to (badly) explain to [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION].
I think I got it in the end.
The authories have to turn a blind eye, if the absolute top to bottom truth came out, nobody would want to have any involvement in any sport.
I just don't agree. If as many people cheat as you suspect, then no doubt the world would be shocked, but if they're caught (and properly punished), then that would give people confidence that testing (/investigations/whatever) works, and there's a way forward. Sport is far too big to be stopped by shocking news. What does more damage is when people aren't caught and prosecuted.

At least the world anti-doping committee (or whatever they're called) are appealing the decision to destroy the evidence.

If every single footballer who regularly took PED's admitted it, and stopped, the sport would lose millions of fans and billions of pounds.
Why?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Because all the hand wringing, moral outrage, and frothing mouth rabid commentary.
Bearing in mind the global news response to Suarez biting a bloke, this would actually be a proper news story, it would be a total meltdown.

Plus the football would be sh*te, like it was back in the day.

(Oh and I'm really tired which never mixes well with keyboard warrioring)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here