Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lamborghini plonker crash in London, takes out 3 other cars

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A few here would struggle on their hazard perception tests, methinks.

What's even WORSE is the Lambo seems to SPEED UP to try and swerve around the Mazda rather than calmly slowing to a stop and allowing it to come out. "But he was going too fast to stop!" I hear you cry. EXACTLY.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Travelling at 32mph :lolol: Surely you mean flying through the air at 32mph.

A Lamborghini Aventador worth around $400,000 went speeding down Sloane Street in Kensington, London and crashed into two parked cars.

http://www.metro.us/boston/news/int...aventador-crashes-on-sloane-street-in-london/

:facepalm:

It says

Fortunately the driver and the female driver appeared to be okay when they stepped out of the car. We’re pretty sure this guy’s insurance company is going to have a field day with this incident. He can say bye-bye to that sweet ride and possibly his girlfriend riding with him in the front seat.

Im guessing the fact he could afford a Lambo he would be able to afford to pay the insurance on it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Also bearing in mind the central reservation, bollards and road markings leading up to it, just feet from where the BMW was parked, which cannot be seen in the video.

It is clear from the image below that with the parked car and bollards ahead of the Lambo it would have needed to have treated this section of road almost as a chicane.

sloane2.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also bearing in mind the central reservation, bollards and road markings leading up to it, just feet from where the BMW was parked, which cannot be seen in the video.

It is clear from the image below that with the parked car and bollards ahead of the Lambo it would have needed to have treated this section of road almost as a chicane.

View attachment 52503

People seem to get confused when they see 30mph. That's a LIMIT, not a TARGET. Looking at that road, add in parked cars, pedestrians, cars pulling out left right and centre, at that point about 20mph would be appropriate at most.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
People seem to get confused when they see 30mph. That's a LIMIT, not a TARGET. Looking at that road, add in parked cars, pedestrians, cars pulling out left right and centre, at that point about 20mph would be appropriate at most.

Very good point which compares well to when looking at national speed limits on country roads. The national speed limit might be 60 mph, but surely it would be dangerous driving if causing an accident whilst trying to negotiate a hairpin at that speed limit?

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
I used to work around the corner from where this accident happened, the place is full of complete knobs. Having also driven a lot in Central London you also need to be bold when coming out of side streets, and cars should anticipate this. I suspect being left hand drive the Lambo didn't see the Mazda until too late to slow down.
As has been said already the driver was wearing a backwards baseball cap so deserves to be punished even if not guilty on this occasion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

View attachment 52503

You are aware that google streetview isn't realtime! Look at the first video and you will not see the islands or bollards so presumably since the google camera car went that way they have changed the road layout!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Over revving :lolol:

This might help give an example of how he was driving:

Flooring it and slowing down, again and again.

The Mazda driver was caught out by the Lambo playing silly buggers on the road.

It took him 100 ft to stop even when aided by the 3 cars he hit.

View attachment 52478

All the evidence is stacked against the Lambo driver, though I am sure we will find out in due course.

Watching the first video again, the Lamboghini's brake lights don't appear to be on until it makes contact with the silver car (3rd vehicle hit) before coming to a rapid stop.

Your argument about speed is seemingly based on him braking on or just before the point of impact which isn't the correct point to start measuring his stopping distance and guestimate his speed, meaning a far greater distance is travelled (including in the air) before he stops and therefore an untrue reflection of the actual speed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You are aware that google streetview isn't realtime! Look at the first video and you will not see the islands or bollards so presumably since the google camera car went that way they have changed the road layout!

Ah look at you with exclamation marks, normally you give me at least four at the end of every sentence!!!!! :lolol: Of course I know it’s not real time you patronising git.

I didn’t double check back to the video before I uploaded the image, however the diagonal central road markings are still applicable.

Diagonal white lines (hatched markings) bounded by broken lines may be used in the centre of the road to separate opposing flows of traffic. They are often provided at junctions to protect traffic turning right.

Anyway why don’t you try to stop targeting and latching on to my comments with your passive aggressive bullshit. I seem to remember that you thought it was the woman driving on your observation until someone told you. :facepalm: And as for your "the Lambo was only doing 32mph" comment :facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ah look at you with exclamation marks, normally you give me at least four at the end of every sentence!!!!! :lolol: Of course I know it’s not real time you patronising git.

I didn’t double check back to the video before I uploaded the image, however the diagonal central road markings are still applicable.

Diagonal white lines (hatched markings) bounded by broken lines may be used in the centre of the road to separate opposing flows of traffic. They are often provided at junctions to protect traffic turning right.

Anyway why don’t you try to stop targeting and latching on to my comments with your passive aggressive bullshit. I seem to remember that you thought it was the woman driving on your observation until someone told you. :facepalm: And as for your "the Lambo was only doing 32mph" comment :facepalm:

Ooooh errrrrrrrrrr missus, get you!!!! (4 as requested).

I do know about the hatched markings, I'm a driving instructor! (only one exclamation mark this time). Perhaps if you accept there is no real evidence that at the time of the accident the Lambo was driving excessively fast and recklessly and perhaps if you were willing to accept the experience of Box of Frogs who works in insurance plus my previous 25 years of dealing with insurance claims, including motor, then you wouldn't get every comment you make challenged. The fact is the Lamborghini had right of way and the Mazda pulled out in front of it. Other evidence may materialise to alter that but that is what is shown on the original video. It could be the black cab waived the Mazda out but it would still be the responsibility of the Mazda driver to check both ways. The Mazda's view may have been obscured by a bus, if so, why pull out until you can see it is safe! You however seem fixated on the speed the lamborghini at the exclusion of everything else!!! (I decided only three this time).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Watching the first video again, the Lamboghini's brake lights don't appear to be on until it makes contact with the silver car (3rd vehicle hit) before coming to a rapid stop.

Your argument about speed is seemingly based on him braking on or just before the point of impact which isn't the correct point to start measuring his stopping distance and guestimate his speed, meaning a far greater distance is travelled (including in the air) before he stops and therefore an untrue reflection of the actual speed.

I don't think it really matters, he hit two cars which would have slowed him down to a degree, plus the fact that the Lambo can break at half the distance that most road cars can.

Anyway it's not an argument, I'm not a crime scene investigator, I’m just throwing in my assessment of what happened and others can make their own minds up about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here