Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana's Post-Match Interview

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good questions. Honest interview. Definitely gave the impression that there'd been some arguments in the dressing room after that, which wouldn't be a surprise or particularly unusual. Wonder if he felt some of the stuff flying around was unfair though. Sounds like the youngsters are losing heart a bit and maybe copping some flak. A lack of confidence among them would also be understandable as they haven't got the experience to see the bigger picture.

Probably something that one good result will fix - let's hope so.

Sounds like some NSC posters, not sure they can blame youth though :ROFLMAO:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Just seen this interview. It wasn’t weird or strange. If I am to read anything into it, it’s that he’s trying to lift and encourage some younger players who might be doubting themselves.
Barco must be wondering if he made the right choices by coming here.... two squads, two defeats,.... moody dressing room, half the so called star players out for one reason or another.....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bounce back with three points on Thursday and all will be ok.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’ll bounce back - people bounce back. Dennis Hopper, Rolf Harris - there are others.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

For those who haven’t seen it

He looks like someone who has just had an absolute bollocking.

And repeating “We must not lose confidence” over and over again sounds like someone who has completely lost confidence.

Big Vern

Feb 28, 2024
His body language was odd. Hopping around. Lacking eye contact. Saying the defeat "doesn't matter". All a bit strange. Probably nothing in it but I do wonder what's gone on behind the scenes. If anything.
Lacking eye contact, look at Postecoglou, spends the entire time staring at the floor during interviews, rude.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Sounded like there was some sort of major bust up...all that stuff about needing to "stick together" and not blaming individuals. tbh, it sounded more like he was directing it all to his team mates rather than us. let's hope it gets sorted out before Thursday. Lallana is an incredible pro, and I'm VERY happy that he's part of this club. Let's hope - whatever happens to RDZ - he sticks around for many seasons to come.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
That is a strange interview and clearly there are issues behind the scenes at the moment. It's not clicking on the pitch and we are really struggling for goals. We knocked the granny out of Sheffield United but everyone can do that - Arsenal could go there and get 10 tonight if they want it.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Nothing wrong with this interview.. the team is off the pace and is struggling to be consistent relative to recent levels . He's come out of the dressing room where clearly there has been a lot said and and if he's struggling to look comfortable he's very conscious about the things he doesn't want to say, so keeping generic about confidence, sticking together, not blaming each other blah blah feels like the right sort of stuff when the game has ended as poorly as it did! He doesnt want to give the sense that anyone is being blamed, and wants to leave the words and finer-pointing in the dressing room : exactly as it should be.
I would be more worried if it was a shrug of the shoulders "we move on" type interview. He clearly "felt" what had happened and that is a good thing - it means something to him and others..

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He’s probably also rapidly realising his playing career is coming to an end. Doubt he was very happy with his own performance. That isn’t going to feel great, especially for someone who clearly cares

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Sounded like there was some sort of major bust up...all that stuff about needing to "stick together" and not blaming individuals. tbh, it sounded more like he was directing it all to his team mates rather than us. let's hope it gets sorted out before Thursday. Lallana is an incredible pro, and I'm VERY happy that he's part of this club. Let's hope - whatever happens to RDZ - he sticks around for many seasons to come.
I'm guessing RDZ picked on one or two players in the dressing room and Lallana didn't like it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Firstly, no player really likes post match interviews after a defeat, so brave of Lallana to be front and centre.

I didn't read anything into the interview other than disappointed following a second defeat in a row.

And was trying to stay positive, and the repeating of comments was to ensure only one message was given.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Very odd, to some extent not surprising given the loss but the repeating of "We can't loose confidence" and "We can't blame each other" clearly meant it was at the forefront of his mind and likely points to what is exactly happening in the dressing room. As someone else said, it felt more deirected at the players than at the general public. I suspect RDZ or player/s were pointing fingers at each other and some players reacted by showing lack of confidence.

To some extent an emotional reaction in the dressing room is good, it show they are winners and expect better of themselves, what I think Lallana is trying to say is that its how they then react to that, outbursts at specific players or burying your head in the sand might be understandable as an immediate reaction but its important that its either forgotten about or used as motivational fuel for the next game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here