Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana SINGS extension to Summer 2024

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've got tremendous respect and not a little man love for Lallana. This is tremendous news :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The club is obsessed by metrics, stats and this guides our recruitment policy. With one glaring exception. In terms of pure numbers we would not be spending high wages on a player with pretty ordinary goals and assist numbers like his, but it is the intangibles and immeasurables with this guy that makes offering him a one year deal a no-brainer. I'm glad he'll be here for another season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There's an interview with him on the app, and he expects to be back playing for the end of this season.
He has an EPL winner's medal, he has an ECL winner's medal, he doesn't have an FA Cup winner's medal.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Superb news. Hope he stays fit but also hope he looks at coaching as his experience and character are outstanding and believe he would be a valuable asset as a coach/potential assistant manager/manager

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That advanced playmaker midfield role is made for him under RDZ. I’m massively pleased with this. One less player to replace immediately this summer and a leader on/off the pitch.

If Mac has to leave for a kings ransom, this’ll soften the blow.

Now let’s get him fit ASAP!
Although his talent is undeniable, I always felt a bit meh as whether or not he started before, but under RDZ he (like a lot of players!) has been superb. Gutted we've lost him for a long run.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's copped a fair bit of stick recently, but I thought Lallana played a vital role when he came on last night. Yes, he's getting on and injury prone, but he's also so important to the squad. Dunky highlighted it in his post-match interview, by referencing the players who had European experience and the role they played. I think Lallana and Milner would've helped massively with the mentality in the younger, inexperienced players in the competition – especially as the first couple of games didn't exactly go to plan.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's copped a fair bit of stick recently, but I thought Lallana played a vital role when he came on last night. Yes, he's getting on and injury prone, but he's also so important to the squad. Dunky highlighted it in his post-match interview, by referencing the players who had European experience and the role they played. I think Lallana and Milner would've helped massively with the mentality in the younger, inexperienced players in the competition – especially as the first couple of games didn't exactly go to plan.

And he certainly showed he's still got what it takes on the pitch too.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1000% agree, I thought they were both pivotal in our final push last night, I was impressed by MIlner.
The moaners clearly can't see what they bring to the squad, because it is not always visible, the knowledge and attitude in training is invaluable.

The moaners are always going to moan, short sighted fools.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
1000% agree, I thought they were both pivotal in our final push last night, I was impressed by MIlner.
The moaners clearly can't see what they bring to the squad, because it is not always visible, the knowledge and attitude in training is invaluable.

The moaners are always going to moan, short sighted fools.
The big advantage they bring, is precisely how they were used last night.
Experience and quality at the end of the game.

They should not be starting games, IMO.
Save them, for when we need them.

Taking Lallana off at 45/60 once a week, isn't taking advantage of his qualities.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’d say they were the difference, particularly Lallana, in getting the crucial goal. When Adam came on he linked up play so well in and around the box, which in the end help create the opening for Pedro.
Agreed. Both Milner and Lallana showed their worth last night, but I thought Lallana was sensational. Just about every touch paid off, and that says something given how high up the pitch he played. On a different group, it's been said that we were running out of ideas before we scored. I think the opposite, and looked more likely to score as the game progressed (we were vulnerable on the counter-attack too, but we defended them really well, bar that one that hit the post). Lallana was key to this for me, and it's worth highlighting the series of passes -- Dunk to van Hecke to Gilmour, touch by Lallana, touch by Gross -- that played Joao Pedro in for the goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here