Lack of creativity/attacking intent

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stumpy Tim

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on the performance, but I don't understand why we don't attack with pace & creativity at home generally. I like Barnes and Hammond, but I'm pretty sure defenders would be more worried by the creativity of Buckley and Dobbie. I can understand packing the midfield full of tireless workhorses away, but at home I don't get it.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Seem to be betting on our defense too much and expecting to score first.

Our defense is class, but a flukes/worldy goal seems to leave us chasing games we're set up to dominate and maintain.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Midfield three should be Dicker - Bridcutt - Crofts, with Buckley and Vicente/LuaLua/Orlandi supporting CMS.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2nd season in the Championship , football is more like a game of chess at this standard compared to L1 and L2. Make a mistake with the starting line up and basically you're f***ed if the opposition have another strategy.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Not sure Lopez should be starting ahead of Buckley on what I've seen of him so far.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The first half they bossed and the second looked to absorb. I imagine we went out to look to have the strength needed to battle with their incredibly neat and tidy set. In the second we needed Enmes to lose his touch, which he mostly did, with a little buffeting. Couldn't put the ball away though. Again just need that killer touch and not to concede early enough for a very strong and intelligent side to sit back and take it. I have faith still.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Gus got it wrong today we started far to slowly and were very ponderous in midfield [lack of pace] i felt middlesbrough were better last year and we beat them.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
starting line up crofts bridcutt hammond lopez all pretty much the same .when teams come down and see that they just no how we r going to play there is no plan b . buckley or lua lua should of started . heard poyet interview and he basically said every team is the same . well i dont agree leicester wont play one up at home against us on tuesday nor will blackpool .every team poses a different threat imo.he also said that eventually one team is going to get spanked ,well on these latest performances i dont think so last three homes games 1 point from a possible 9 thats relagation form not top half. you could sense that for the first time poyet is under pressure .can he turn it around hope so and needs to quick with the next two tough away games comming up we could be bottom half this time next saturday

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
No wingers at home??

A midfield of 5 central midfielders. Gus must have been eating magic mushrooms when he decided that starting line-up. No plan b ever. Just the same shitty negative football. All possession with no end product. Mid-table looms..... If we are lucky

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I am not going to over analyse the starting line up. We dominated the game and were unlucky with the goal.

are you Gus? 1 goal in 5 games & drop the one goalscorer & then bring him on too late AND play him out of position. Gus started with no wingers v Cardiff last year, we saw the same shambles then as today. He ain't learning & improving as a manager

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
are you Gus? 1 goal in 5 games & drop the one goalscorer & then bring him on too late AND play him out of position. Gus started with no wingers v Cardiff last year, we saw the same shambles then as today. He ain't learning & improving as a manager

Millwall at home last year is another one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Yeah. Gus out! :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We did the bleeding obvious as usual crossing the ball when the opposition have giants in defence.

Towards the last quarter of the game Woodgate was totally out of it but still we could not break them down.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. This needs to CHANGE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports