Game-changers
Scorers
Power in 50:50’s
Alertness to bleeding obvious counter attacks
Marking players 20 yards out from our goal
Movement off the ball
Imagination

Dunk on Radio Sussex thought we played well:facepalm:

I thought Dunk was our best player by far today.

Can’t disagree with the above and would add:
Naive
Weak and soft underbelly
Too nice
Lack of PL experience at management and player level (other than Lallana and Welbeck)
Not streetwise
No dark arts tactics
Don’t know how to exploit weakness, eg attacking/exposing a player on a yellow card
Don’t know how to get officials on our side

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep, Radio Sussex at about 17:45.

There’s being positive and there’s talking shit.

It's been a weird season. Spells in the season where we've looked great, but a lot of the season we've looked pretty poor, mostly at home. we find ourselves in a position at the start of the season I'd have been delighted to be in now (and I am delighted to be in the position we're in) yet I'm really not enjoying going to games at the moment overall. I get the impression I'm not the only one. I guess not winning much at home years on the trot takes its toll no matter what division you're in - add in the cost and sanitised experience of PL compared to the ease of going to a non league game

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought Dunk was our best player by far today.

Can’t disagree with the above and would add:
Naive
Weak and soft underbelly
Too nice
Lack of PL experience at management and player level (other than Lallana and Welbeck)
Not streetwise
No dark arts tactics
Don’t know how to exploit weakness, eg attacking/exposing a player on a yellow card
Don’t know how to get officials on our side

In a post somewhere, I said Dunk was MOTM. Held it all together, imperious really, considering the shit show around him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dunk used to pass forwards. often diagonals now he panics if there's not someone within 10 yards.

He slows the game down so much.

It's turgid and frankly I'm really bored of our home games. The press bang on about how often Potter changes the formation during the game, unfortunately he doesn't change the speed. He and Dunk thought we played well today. Sorry that's deluded.

Even our throw ins are a thing of mediocrity. Freekicks from all partsof the pitch end up back with the keeper. There's never any impetus even at 2 down today.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In a post somewhere, I said Dunk was MOTM. Held it all together, imperious really, considering the shit show around him.

Captain slow with the ball at his feet. We miss Webster and BDB

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's been a weird season. Spells in the season where we've looked great, but a lot of the season we've looked pretty poor, mostly at home. we find ourselves in a position at the start of the season I'd have been delighted to be in now (and I am delighted to be in the position we're in) yet I'm really not enjoying going to games at the moment overall. I get the impression I'm not the only one. I guess not winning much at home years on the trot takes its toll no matter what division you're in - add in the cost and sanitised experience of PL compared to the ease of going to a non league game

I miss loads of games these day, but went today.

I get bored easily, sit on my hands, quietly sigh to myself as rubbish crosses drop in giant goalies hands with ease, joke potshots from no hopers (not just Biss) nearly make the poppy fields.

Bored.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I worry now because when managers and players start to believe poor performances are good ones no good can come of it. GP clearly is a good manager but it is concerning if he refuses to see we have some problems that he needs to sort. Obviously he has limited resources so I can't be too critical but it's really important to understand where we are.

I can't quite see why so many have Dunk as MOTM. The defence wasn't great all round in fact no one was. I was quite supportive of letting BDB go to his home club but in retrospect I think we were too sentimental about it. It's quite obvious that we miss him and Webster a lot. Perhaps we are now seeing where we sit in the PL for real.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

This. I cannot afford cost and time of 6 hour round trip to watch shite. Have seen 6 games - Everton, Arsenal, Leeds, Palace, Burnley, Aston Villa - at home and not a single goal scored by an Albion player. Enjoyed my three away games at Liverpool, Saints and West Ham so in a quandary whether to give up season ticket and therefore Priority for away games.

We have been in a state of delusion, thinking Europe was even a possibility. Three wins in last 21 games is only stat that matters.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This. I cannot afford cost and time of 6 hour round trip to watch shite. Have seen 6 games - Everton, Arsenal, Leeds, Palace, Burnley, Aston Villa - at home and not a single goal scored by an Albion player. Enjoyed my three away games at Liverpool, Saints and West Ham so in a quandary whether to give up season ticket and therefore Priority for away games.

We have been in a state of delusion, thinking Europe was even a possibility. Three wins in last 21 games is only stat that matters.

How is it a stat that matters more than 7 wins in 26 games, 33 points after 26 games or 3 wins in the last 10 games? Is 21 some magic number?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
How is it a stat that matters more than 7 wins in 26 games, 33 points after 26 games or 3 wins in the last 10 games? Is 21 some magic number?

Buy that (lets say 3 wins out of last 21 tells a story) but comment was in the context of the fawning over Potter and delusions about Europe and the regular posts that we are improving. We are not.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Buy that (lets say 3 wins out of last 21 tells a story) but comment was in the context of the fawning over Potter and delusions about Europe and the regular posts that we are improving. We are not.

I can agree to some extent. The team played better last season and the talk about Europe has been silly from the start.

That said, I think if the team faced as many problems (injuries, Bissouma situation, sales, difficult contract situation) last season as this season, Brighton would probably have been relegated so I think there's been quite a bit of improvement in some areas although not as obvious as we all would like.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Did you go?

Are you enjoying the scintillating Albion football?

MoTD said 1 home win in what was it 5 months?

This on the back of that stat where at one point something like our last 3 home wins were 2021, 20 and 19?

Our home form for several seasons has been poor. I enjoyed today but that’s because it was great to have a day out with mates, the football and transport were best forgotten.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
MoTD said 1 home win in what was it 5 months?

This on the back of that stat where at one point something like our last 3 home wins were 2021, 20 and 19?

Our home form for several seasons has been poor. I enjoyed today but that’s because it was great to have a day out with mates, the football and transport were best forgotten.

Our home form is poor because we have a squad that's better suited to playing away, where teams feel obliged to come out at us. We haven't got the speed or the guile to deal with teams that come to the Amex to close us down. We're playing in one of the hardest divisions in world football, where almost all the opponents have the tactical awareness to frustrate us and take advantage of our rather obvious weaknesses. Brentford and the Watford team we beat early in the season are exceptions.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Our home form is poor because we have a squad that's better suited to playing away, where teams feel obliged to come out at us. We haven't got the speed or the guile to deal with teams that come to the Amex to close us down. We're playing in one of the hardest divisions in world football, where almost all the opponents have the tactical awareness to frustrate us and take advantage of our rather obvious weaknesses. Brentford and the Watford team we beat early in the season are exceptions.

I don’t disagree. I guess Mr Potter needs to crack on then! :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We need Watford to stay up, for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here