Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour Party Conference

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The idiotic level of analysis from NSC's right wing is very reassuring.

Actually Moshe i have heard this arguement before,in fact quite a few times basically on the lines of Tories will you benefits Labour won't. However if the Tories were to build affordable housing and council housing along with providing employment and yes some of it could well be low paid and boring,but just get on the ladder surely that has to be the aim and just go from there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Read the link I posted to find out what it was.

Ok, that's a plausible explanation. I was really just making the point that Momentum spin faster even than Blair...
On a separate point that's an extremely tasteless art project. The action men characters made my skin crawl. However, art is supposed to be provocative and it does make a powerful anti war point.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
A hasty bit of damage control.

:shrug:
Look, you shared a post claiming this was some kind of merchandise on sale at the momentum event. It clearly isn't.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Ok, that's a plausible explanation. I was really just making the point that Momentum spin faster even than Blair...
On a separate point that's an extremely tasteless art project. The action men characters made my skin crawl. However, art is supposed to be provocative and it does make a powerful anti war point.

I don't really know much about Momentum. I don't have any strong feelings either way on what they do although I do think it highly likely that they are misrepresented in the press.

I simply posted that link because the original claim, that this was merchandise on sale, is blatantly untrue. Even I'm surprised that the guy who made the post is still banging his drum about it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:shrug:
Look, you shared a post claiming this was some kind of merchandise on sale at the momentum event. It clearly isn't.

you seem to be ignoring the tweet as published by the Telegraph and Sun on a stall which clearly has prices, and the Sun quotes Dan Jarvis say "The sale of this merchandise is extremely disrespectful to our armed forces ".

D

Deleted member 22389

Now Labour want a migrant impact fund. Keep them coming, because it is just this sort of thing that lost you the last election, and will keep losing you elections.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...U-immigration-party-conference-Liverpool.html

What I want you stupid fing pricks is to stop making it harder for people like myself to find a simple job because you swamped this country with cheap Labour.

Not only have you lowered the working standards for many Brits, you have put people like myself on the back foot. You help create a system where employers can do what they like to people, because some only deal with agencies especially in jobs like manufacturing. Disgusting party, who will never admit or see their own faults.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Now Labour want a migrant impact fund. Keep them coming, because it is just this sort of thing that lost you the last election, and will keep losing you elections.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...U-immigration-party-conference-Liverpool.html

What I want you stupid fing pricks is to stop making it harder for people like myself to find a simple job because you swamped this country with cheap Labour.

Not only have you lowered the working standards for many Brits, you have put people like myself on the back foot. You help create a system where employers can do what they like to people, because some only deal with agencies especially in jobs like manufacturing. Disgusting party, who will never admit or see their own faults.

Exactly. Useless plums never learn.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You do realise government debt will increase to 1.7 trillion by the end of this parliament and UK productivity in comparison to other European countries has failed to an all time low?

Has May and/or Hammond put forward any kind of economic plan to revert this since replacing Cameron?
Productivity is a weird thing. Lower British productivity than some EU countries may be down to the fact that we have far higher employment than they do. In other words, their lower employment is weighted slightly to higher skilled jobs whilst ours contains many jobs which would be lower paid and less highly skilled which lowers our productivity. We also compute our working hours differently.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
you seem to be ignoring the tweet as published by the Telegraph and Sun on a stall which clearly has prices, and the Sun quotes Dan Jarvis say "The sale of this merchandise is extremely disrespectful to our armed forces ".

Sorry, you're right, the artist does sell some of his stuff. His reaction here : http://www.spellingmistakescostlives.com/single-post/2016/09/27/TABLOID-FURY
It's a world away from 'Merchandise on sale at the Labour Party Conference' though isn't it?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Ah the old 'immigrants taking my jobs line' and quoting the daily mail.....classic !!!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ah the old 'immigrants taking my jobs line' and quoting the daily mail.....classic !!!

Instead of an empty quote about it being "classic" (which would suggest you're posting from the sixth form common room) why not Address some of his points with a counter argument ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I think that a migrant impact fund is a good idea and payments into it should be made via a new tax on those companies that employ migrants as it is these organizations that currently get a free ride by importing cheap Labour and not having to pay for the social consequences. Of course this won't happen. The existence of such a fund does not change the fact that immigration should be limited and not unlimited.
JC seems to be proposing this fund as a way of buying off opposition to unlimited immigration and it is this that won't chime with voters (in my opinion).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did anyone else watch the car crash interview on Newsnight last night when Shami Chakrabarti was questioned about her 'independent' review and the timing of her peerage?

When asked which Jewish organisations had backed her report, she couldn't name one and eventually mumbled that it had been written for members and not for organisations and she had received lots of support from Jewish Labour supporters. Firstly, the report may have been written for members but she did also interview and get evidence from Jewish organisations and so one would have thought that the fact that every one of those organisations and many more from the broader UK Jewish community expressed varying levels of disgust at the verdict and implementation of the report might actually matter. And secondly, I'm not surprised that she has got broad support from existing Jewish Labour members - there's so few left in the party that if they haven't left by now then their support is a given. I think support for Labour amongst the Jewish community is now at something like 7%.

But she looked at her most uncomfortable when telling bare-faced lies about when the subject of a peerage from Corbyn was first mooted. She was sweating, stalling, couldn't look Andrew Neil in the eyes, got narky - all the classic tell-tale signs that she was outright lying.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Instead of an empty quote about it being "classic" (which would suggest you're posting from the sixth form common room) why not Address some of his points with a counter argument ?

What empty quote? That well known classic quote of the word classic? No point in engaging in reasoned debate with people like him and you. Just smile and wave.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
You've been caught out and we're expected to swallow more bollox about it being "a world away from merchandise on sale at labour conference" , wtf is it then ?

erm, it's an artist selling some of his stuff at an arts exhibition he was exhibiting his stuff at.

You said they were selling this 'merchandise' at the Labour Party Conference. Which, is total bollocks, as you know.

edit : And out of interest, do you think he is genuinely 'taking the piss out of wounded servicemen'?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
erm, it's an artist selling some of his stuff at an arts exhibition he was exhibiting his stuff at.

Oh come on, that's being disingenuous at best. Even the Guardian, hardly a bastion of jingoism reports it as...

"What better way to mark the year the Labour party surged behind its leader/imploded than with a bit of memorabilia? There is a custom at party conference to sell a load of tat with provocative and hilarious messages. There must be those who still wear their £5 striped Ukip ties from the party’s 2014 conference, or who sip morosely from a sold-out Nick Clegg mug from last year’s Lib Dem gathering. The 2013 Tory conference was a good one for Thatcher-inspired items – the “Maggie” collection featured tea towels, cufflinks and bibs reading “Iron Baby”. Sadly, the ironing-board cover was withdrawn – it proved a fire hazard. The best merch, though, can be found at Momentum’s The World Transformed event, currently running alongside the Labour party conference. "

The "exhibition" is a Momentum-run event, is listed in the Labour Fringe and is solely there because the conference is there. It's clearly a part of the whole Labour Party conference.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...tum-merchandise-pro-corbyn-tshirts-poems-mugs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here