Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour leadership race

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
as i said , you come across like a teenager , this post exemplifies it, either that or youre an idiot, because only an idiot would even connect it with racism.

You have an odd outlook on the youth of today. Be more positive. Our Universites, Colleges and schools are full of very mature and intelligent teenagers.

Either that or you are acknowledging how sharp I am!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two of the 'best' candidates already fallen by the wayside. Oh dear.

Indeed, Chuka & S.E.M.O.D both had charisma, leadership skills and previous lives outside politics. Labour are destined to select another dud. What makes me sad is that I can't find another candidate that is not Oxbridge and whom has had a career outside of politics (and I include academia in politics as it also gives you no idea about real world issues). Very sad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
“Shortly before the election campaign, I made the decision, in the event that Labour was defeated and a new Leader was to be elected, to stand for the leadership of the party if there was a desire in the party for me to do so.

“I dearly hoped Labour would win the election and it was a decision I would not have to implement.

“I also thought I understood the scrutiny and attention a leadership contest would bring.“As a member of the Shadow Cabinet, I am used to a level of attention which is part and parcel of the job. I witnessed the 2010 leadership election process close up and thought I would be comfortable with what it involved.

“However since the night of our defeat last week I have been subject to the added level of pressure that comes with being a leadership candidate.

“I have not found it to be a comfortable experience.

“One can imagine what running for leader can be like, understand its demands and the attention but nothing compares to actually doing it and the impact on the rest of one’s life.

“Consequently after further reflection I am withdrawing my candidacy.

“I apologise to all those who have kindly supported and encouraged me to do this and for disappointing them. I know this will come as I surprise to many but I had always wondered whether it was all too soon for me to launch this leadership bid – I fear it was.

“Most importantly, I continued to have very real concerns and worry about this bid’s impact on those close to me.

“I intend to carry on playing my full role as a proud member of our Shadow Cabinet taking on the Tories. I also hope to play a leading role in Labour’s campaign to keep the UK in the EU during the forthcoming referendum which is absolutely crucial. Most importantly, I will as ever continue to serve the area I know and love – the Streatham parliamentary constituency.”

This will come back to haunt him at some point........'you totally cracked under the pressure after less than a week as a potential candidate, let alone a leader, what makes you think you can handle being PM now then ?' etc.........will be known as a BOTTLER

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good, he would have been USELESS. Another METROPOLITAN elite who thinks they're ENTITLED, he shouldn't even be in the Labour Party let alone have lead it

Do ANY of the CANDIDATES declared so far MEAT with YOUR approval?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You have an odd outlook on the youth of today. Be more positive. Our Universites, Colleges and schools are full of very mature and intelligent teenagers.

Either that or you are acknowledging how sharp I am!
They are indeed , there is nothing like a mature and intelligent teenager, and you, are nothing like a mature and intelligent teenager, you come across like the david baddiel 'thats your mum that is' character.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Anyone else a tad suspicious of the sudden appearance of a 'girlfriend' ? Perhaps the tabloids are about to break something ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Anyone else a tad suspicious of the sudden appearance of a 'girlfriend' ? Perhaps the tabloids are about to break something ?

I have been suspicious that he has been all along a tory...................................do I get the prize

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They are indeed , there is nothing like a mature and intelligent teenager, and you, are nothing like a mature and intelligent teenager, you come across like the david baddiel 'thats your mum that is' character.

David Baddiel! You have finally insulted me. Not bad for you. Took about 5 attempts.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

barking up the wrong tree there, he just kept his other half out of public. clearly he's not happy about invasion of his private life, as that's why he's stepped out. does rather limit his career in politics now, cant see him ever having a top post.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
barking up the wrong tree there, he just kept his other half out of public. clearly he's not happy about invasion of his private life, as that's why he's stepped out. does rather limit his career in politics now, cant see him ever having a top post.

A boyfriend? That's not a problem, lots of politicians have them - just ask Mandelson.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
[tweet]599152457982304256[/tweet]

...and a fair few political commentators are insinuating that the demolition job on Chuka may have come from within the Labour Party.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shadow business secretary Chuka Umunna has withdrawn from the Labour party leadership contest, he has announced.

Mr Umunna, 36, had been the second candidate to declare his intention to stand, via a post on his Facebook page.

But he said in a statement that he was not comfortable with the level of pressure that came with being a leadership candidate.

Tories aren't allowed to enter a Labour leadership campaign. That won't have helped his case.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Really ? He kept his other half out of the public eye and she suddenly' appears' from nowhere 5 days ago, and you really think he was 'unaware' of how in the spotlight he would be ? I may well be wrong , but I dont think you can categorically say I am yet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Really ? He kept his other half out of the public eye and she suddenly' appears' from nowhere 5 days ago, and you really think he was 'unaware' of how in the spotlight he would be ? I may well be wrong , but I dont think you can categorically say I am yet.

i think we can, when the fact he had a girlfriend was not unknown, just there was not any photos of them together. whatever, you've shown you're a racist already, so i dont really think your opinion matters much.

incidently the Indi is saying this is off the back of some blogger questioning why he wasnt married yet. it didnt bother Miliband, and im sure it says more about the narrowmind blogger and anything. still, if he's sensitive, good that its out now. theres a certain honesty about it, i cant think another recent leader who really wasn't all that comfortable in the limelight, but carried on anyway...

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
i think we can, when the fact he had a girlfriend was not unknown, just there was not any photos of them together. whatever, you've shown you're a racist already, so i dont really think your opinion matters much.

incidently the Indi is saying this is off the back of some blogger questioning why he wasnt married yet. it didnt bother Miliband, and im sure it says more about the narrowmind blogger and anything. still, if he's sensitive, good that its out now. theres a certain honesty about it, i cant think another recent leader who really wasn't all that comfortable in the limelight, but carried on anyway...
Ah, if in doubt play the racist card, tosspot :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here