Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Leader would step down.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I despise Johnson. I can also see past the end of my nose. :thumbsup:

Here’s what Starmer actually said:

“If the police decide to issue me with a FPN, I would of course do the right thing and step down … The British public deserve politicians who think the rules apply to them.”

So, he hasn’t said he’d offer to resign, he’s said he will step down. No ‘offer’ involved.

There are still politicians who try to do the right thing. Difficult as it is, try not to let the cynicism take over completely.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Passed the end of your nose, but not passed the right wing press it would seem.

It's past.

And I am as far from being right wing as I am from being left wing and don't read any right wing or left wing press. Wion is actually my go to favourite for news. Very non- biased, unlike you and many others on this forum.

Nor do I make rash and incorrect assumptions about the political leanings of a bloke I've never met on a football forum because I hate Boris Johnson and the Tory Party.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's past.

And I am as far from being right wing as I am from being left wing and don't read any right wing or left wing press. Wion is actually my go to favourite for news. Very non- biased, unlike you and many others on this forum.

Nor do I make rash and incorrect assumptions about the political leanings of a bloke I've never met on a football forum because I hate Boris Johnson and the Tory Party.

Just make a point based in a false quote.:facepalm:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sir Keir Starmer and deputy leader Angela Rayner have anounced they WILL step down if the police issue them with a fine.
Whilst this is obviously the only thing left for him after he insisted that Boris should go, aren't the Police now under pressure?
Further it seems that Durham police don't give out fines as often as other forces.

Obviously confident then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm pretty confident that tomorrow's front pages are going to be covering the events leading up to an otherwise boring by-election....no mention of breaking the GFA or the NI Protocol or starting a trade war with our nearest neighbours or people expected to " live " on 30p a day meals...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chief Constable of Durham Police, Jo Farrell, was on Look North East in the week refusing, unsurprisingly, to be drawn on timescales for the investigation or on what the new evidence was.

There were plenty of tweets from Conservative sources showing a work schedule that included a curry. They say it proves it was planned, therefore a 'party'.

Everyone else is saying, 'don't you feed your workers when campaigning?'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'They are all the same'

The plaintive pathetic plea of a Johnson 'cheerleader' (and I use this term advisedly) after all logic has failed :facepalm:

Yes. The most shameful tribe of toryboys. They attack labour while pretending they are not promoting Johnson. Weasels.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There were plenty of tweets from Conservative sources showing a work schedule that included a curry. They say it proves it was planned, therefore a 'party'.

Yes I know but that's Twitter evidence and should therefore be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I know but that's Twitter evidence and should therefore be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

I do take tweets with a pinch of salt but they are from verified sources if they have a blue tick. They are also treated as libel in court.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I don’t have much interest in this story and certainly don’t think KS should resign, regardless of what happened. I am also not specifically replying to you, but it is absolutely ridiculous to compare what people said about Johnson to what they are now saying about Starmer. The contradictions are breathtaking. Either we were in lockdown (which I was and I was fully respectful of the laws and guidance with zero exceptions) or we weren’t. There is no mealy mouthed get out for one and not the other. I am so sick of it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has any evidence been found yet?

It seems to have gone quiet since the local council elections.
It was an engineered smear campaign before the local elections.

Job done.

The Tory strategists will now be hoping Starmer isn't fined as if Sir Kier resigns it damages a non-resigning Johnson.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was an engineered smear campaign before the local elections.

Job done.

The Tory strategists will now be hoping Starmer isn't fined as if Sir Kier resigns it damages a non-resigning Johnson.

Johnson is already damaged goods, and they know it hence his minimal involvement in the local election campaign. Even if Starmer gets a fine Johnson won't even contemplate resignation. The only way he will go is if the Tory MPs submit their letters and he loses a vote of no confidence and even then he'll be dragged out kicking and screaming.

By the way, has there been any sightings of Carrie lately?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t have much interest in this story and certainly don’t think KS should resign, regardless of what happened. I am also not specifically replying to you, but it is absolutely ridiculous to compare what people said about Johnson to what they are now saying about Starmer. The contradictions are breathtaking. Either we were in lockdown (which I was and I was fully respectful of the laws and guidance with zero exceptions) or we weren’t. There is no mealy mouthed get out for one and not the other. I am so sick of it.

I know we won't agree, but right there is the equivalence that was the best this particular Daily Mail driven dead cat could have hoped for. Job Done.

Because if Starmer was found guilty and resigned, Johnson would have to go, and that was never the intention. Maybe they could cut a few civil servants from the dead cat department. Two birds, one stone :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know we won't agree, but right there is the equivalence that was the best this particular Daily Mail driven dead cat could have hoped for. Job Done.

Because if Starmer was found guilty and resigned, Johnson would have to go, and that was never the intention. Maybe they could cut a few civil servants from the dead cat department. Two birds, one stone :wink:

No, we don’t agree. I said exactly the same about Johnson when Partygate came out. That was before the Daily Mail wrote whatever they wrote (that I haven’t read). It is too easy (and a cheap shot) to claim that everyone who says something different is brainwashed by the Daily Mail. So it isn’t job done. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Johnson but this isn’t one of them. The same people are all over everything he does which devalues their views. Starmer also hasn’t committed crime of the century even if he gets a fixed penalty notice or whatever. I just want to watch something different on the news and have said the same all along. Sick of it and always was and now I’m sick of being told I am brainwashed by a newspaper I have never read.
I’m off to the beach :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here