Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour has suspended former leader Jeremy Corbyn

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Corbyn apologist ranting on R5 now, suggesting Corbyn was suspended because "They wanted their pound of flesh" :facepalm:

Nicky Campbell muttered "I don't think you should have said that" :lolol:

Nothing like the vanquishing of the hoplessly deluded to put a spring in one's step :rave::cheery:

Love Nicky Campbell, but he allowed that bitter bloke to dominate the last 10 minutes with loud, miserable monologues, speaking over Campbell and the other two callers.

Unbridled hatred to L.Berger etc. Whataboutery on Islamophobia.

You can bet he refuses to look at the report.

:wanker:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Out of interest, did you vote at all in the GEs when he was leader?

Yes, I voted Lib Dem on both occasions. To be fair, it wouldn't have made a difference either time as both were safe Tory seats, but I voted Labour in a safe Tory seat in 2015.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He had got rid of them. The EHRC report itself said that there'd been an improvement in Labour's handling of complaints.

But Corbyn's actions have given further notion to the idea that Starmer is a clean break with the past.

He's got rid of them from the Shadow Cabinet and hierarchy.

But the huge numbers of Corbynista members haven't gone anywhere. Even in these pages, you get the feeling that some targeted spanner in the works is planned.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes, I voted Lib Dem on both occasions. To be fair, it wouldn't have made a difference either time as both were safe Tory seats, but I voted Labour in a safe Tory seat in 2015.

Thanks. I wasn't asking who you voted for (secret ballot and all that), but appreciate your candour.

D

Deleted member 2719

Very good summary of Corbyn & what his response should have been. Unfortunately he will always be known by the labels his opponents have given him.

I assume you are including the internal opponents also?

Did you vote for Jezza then mate???

That wasn't what I asked you.

I've never been on team Corbyn. Can't stand the guy.

We will need to await any findings on the tories and Muslims.

So who did you vote for then?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's got rid of them from the Shadow Cabinet and hierarchy.

But the huge numbers of Corbynista members haven't gone anywhere. Even in these pages, you get the feeling that some targeted spanner in the works is planned.

Fortunately they have proven time and time again they are clueless when it comes to strategy. Let us not forget, Corbyn became leader only after foolish old labour types thought it would be 'nice' to have a left wing candidate o the ballott.

I know about the membership being more left than the parliamentary party but, lest we forget, it was the membership that rejected Wrong Bailey and voted in Starmer as leader. And Wrong Bailey also got sacked for Being Confused, and that happened without meaningful complaint.

It's all good from my vantage place :thumbsup:

And any old labour ranting at the conference next year will be treated much the same way Boris and chums treat the Sir Bufton Tufton, and Vicount Hartley Redfaces of this world.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fortunately they have proven time and time again they are clueless when it comes to strategy. Let us not forget, Corbyn became leader only after foolish old labour types thought it would be 'nice' to have a left wing candidate o the ballott.

I know about the membership being more left than the parliamentary party but, lest we forget, it was the membership that rejected Wrong Bailey and voted in Starmer as leader. And Wrong Bailey also got sacked for Being Confused, and that happened without meaningful complaint.

It's all good from my vantage place :thumbsup:

And any old labour ranting at the conference next year will be treated much the same way Boris and chums treat the Sir Bufton Tufton, and Vicount Hartley Redfaces of this world.

I’m optimistic btw, although (contrary to misconceptions) Starmer actually had no part in Corbyn’s suspension, Starmer ticked more statesmanlike and morality boxes yesterday. I have a good feeling for 2024 .... again without wishing life away.

But away from leafy Faversham, don’t underestimate the effect and ‘shoot self in foot’ furtiveness of the hard left in places like Brighton and London. MP’s such as Peter Kyle are seen as Tories to hate and plot against. I know you’re aware of the sort .... they only see evil and sell out from Blair 1997 onwards.

I feel their pain today and smirk.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I assume you are including the internal opponents also?

Did you vote for Jezza then mate???

We will need to await any findings on the tories and Muslims.

So who did you vote for then?

In my life I've voted Green, Lib Dem and Labour. I voted Labour in 2019 because Peter Kyle is my local MP and a very, very good one. He's also going to be part of Starmer's reforms and wasn't close to Corbyn. I didn't want to lose him as an MP. I also knew by then that the Tories would win. This is all over the GE thread though, posts stating I was voting for Kyle, not Labour per se and also a nice bet where I called the exact seat spread win - decent bottle of plonk out of that one.

If it had been a momentum sponsored loon I'd have gone Lib Dem or abstain.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
This.

It won’t be difficult to beat this current Government as they’re clearly the worst we have had for decades and decades (pre-Thatcher) and possibly include the UK’s worst ever PM.

However, the far left needs to be purged first, Starmer could win three elections in a row if he can get rid of the far left.

…………….. strange how people see things. In my opinion this Government is the best since Thatcher..

Agree about the far left needing to be purged. Whilst I would have to eat my arm before voting Labour, we do need a strong & effective opposition to keep the government in toe. In my lifetime the worst two leaders I believe have been Corbyn & Foot. Thank goodness neither got the keys to number 10.

Outside Brighton & Hove - Labour are an irrelevance (think of Labour as Brighton & Hove's Lib Dems).

Thankfully - we will have a decade of Boris & co - as Starmer & chums have a mountain to climb

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Out of interest what do others think about The Guardian's cartoon today?

IMO considering the events in France yesterday I think it's at best badly timed, and at worst appalling.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ll-labour-antisemitism-starmer-corbyn-cartoon

Corbyn offered his own head on a plate, but the cartoon is a little ambiguous. It would have made more sense if Starmer were shown finding the offering on a plate on Corbyn's desk, with the headless body of Corbyn sitting behind it, with the tools of excision still in his own hands.

I don't see any resonance with the events in France unless I choose to, I don't think. Not a great cartoon, at the end of the day. Must do better, Steve.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
…………….. strange how people see things. In my opinion this Government is the best since Thatcher..

Agree about the far left needing to be purged. Whilst I would have to eat my arm before voting Labour, we do need a strong & effective opposition to keep the government in toe. In my lifetime the worst two leaders I believe have been Corbyn & Foot. Thank goodness neither got the keys to number 10.

Outside Brighton & Hove - Labour are an irrelevance (think of Labour as Brighton & Hove's Lib Dems).

Thankfully - we will have a decade of Boris & co - as Starmer & chums have a mountain to climb

Today's opinion polling, showing an immediate Labour jump ahead of the Tories, tells its own story Whatever any Labour members think, the voting public dislike Corbyn and see his suspension and serious action from Starmer on anti-semitism as a positive step.

Of course, the continuing incompetence of the worst government since Thatcher helps. But that's what you get when you pick ministers on their Brexit loyalty rather than their ability.

D

Deleted member 2719

In my life I've voted Green, Lib Dem and Labour. I voted Labour in 2019 because Peter Kyle is my local MP and a very, very good one. He's also going to be part of Starmer's reforms and wasn't close to Corbyn. I didn't want to lose him as an MP. I also knew by then that the Tories would win. This is all over the GE thread though, posts stating I was voting for Kyle, not Labour per se and also a nice bet where I called the exact seat spread win - decent bottle of plonk out of that one.

If it had been a momentum sponsored loon I'd have gone Lib Dem or abstain.

Fair enough.

I am going to put this out there. You appear to vote for any party apart from the Tories, is this a deep thing inherited from family or the anti-Thatcher type that frequent Brighton and Hove???

D

Deleted member 2719

Today's opinion polling, showing an immediate Labour jump ahead of the Tories, tells its own story Whatever any Labour members think, the voting public dislike Corbyn and see his suspension and serious action from Starmer on anti-semitism as a positive step.

Of course, the continuing incompetence of the worst government since Thatcher helps. But that's what you get when you pick ministers on their Brexit loyalty rather than their ability.

I assume you live within the Brighton bubble and get involved in leftie Twitter rhetoric?

The labour party are shot to bits.

They need to split their ways, and the more central will need to grab a new party, called the 'New New Labour party'? with the Corbynist becoming the 'Dangerous Labour party'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest what do others think about The Guardian's cartoon today?

IMO considering the events in France yesterday I think it's at best badly timed, and at worst appalling.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ll-labour-antisemitism-starmer-corbyn-cartoon

It’s a mildly amusing cartoon. I think most people understand it’s context and the metaphorical meaning of head-on-plate; to link it to the events in France is disingenuous and tenuous in my opinion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair enough.

I am going to put this out there. You appear to vote for any party apart from the Tories, is this a deep thing inherited from family or the anti-Thatcher type that frequent Brighton and Hove ???

Maybe he’s not a selfish, or a stupid, c**t?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It may be coincidence but the timing of this development shows great political acumen.

The next 2 months will be dominated by Covid and Brexit, but for various reasons it is hard for Starmer to make any political capital out of them.

Yet he has to appear strong while Boris is weak, so now is the perfect time to flex his muscles and sort out Corbyn and anti-semitism. He needs the rest of his front bench to stand up and be counted too so the country can see this is truly a root and branch reform and not just the new leader attacking the old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here