Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour has suspended former leader Jeremy Corbyn

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just go back a few pages on this thread and read some of the stuff he’s posted. If that had been written in a newspaper column there would be a large number of complaints and rightly so .
So you’re saying I should be able to stop people posting something in advance?

Should I manually moderate every post before it appears in public to everyone else?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you think a post is inappropriate, simply report it and let the moderators deal with it. Waving imaginary red cards has never sat easily with me :shrug:
What if reports are made (incidentally I didn’t, but reading the last few pages it’s clear others did) and nothing happens. Then subsequently people tag a moderator and still nothing happens? Post #720 for instance. It doesn’t mean just because a very busy moderator - a regular person doing this as a community favour unpaid - is right or has even had time to look at it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What if reports are made (incidentally I didn’t, but reading the last few pages it’s clear others did) and nothing happens. Then subsequently people tag a moderator and still nothing happens? Post #720 for instance. It doesn’t mean just because a very busy moderator - a regular person doing this as a community favour unpaid - is right or has even had time to look at it.
He was banned before I made my first post on here this evening. I’m enjoying the pile-on though - thanks for that - keep it going if it helps.

And I’d still like to know in what way any “bad posts” are seen as allowed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In my experience reported posts are ALWAYS dealt with. If you don't agree with the outcome that is something different but it's a privately run message board which I think is very well moderated :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He was banned before I made my first post on here this evening. I’m enjoying the pile-on though - thanks for that - keep it going if it helps.

And I’d still like to know in what way any “bad posts” are seen as allowed.
I never said bad posts should be allowed. You’re responding to the wrong person Bozza. If anything I was defending the mods.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In my experience reported posts are ALWAYS dealt with. If you don't agree with the outcome that is something different but it's a privately run message board :shrug:
If they had assessed his posts 24 hours ago and thought they were appropriate that would be a big problem. I assumed they hadn’t because they’re normal working people who don’t spend all day on here getting paid to moderate.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
So you’re saying I should be able to stop people posting something in advance?

Should I manually moderate every post before it appears in public to everyone else?
I don’t think anyone expects you to do that Bozza , but there are several posts in this thread all from the same person that have been flagged up ( not by me as I presumed others already had )

The question is how many people need to complain before something is done . He’s not simply on an innocent but annoying wind up ( I’m a expert on that when in the mood ) he is repeating old anti Jewish troupes that are racist and would get you on a criminal charge in Germany nowadays .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t think anyone expects you to do that Bozza , but there are several posts in this thread all from the same person that have been flagged up ( not by me as I presumed others already had )

The question is how many people need to complain before something is done . He’s not simply on an innocent but annoying wind up ( I’m a expert on that when in the mood ) he is repeating old anti Jewish troupes that are racist and would get you on a criminal charge in Germany nowadays .
and very deliberately derailing a thread about antisemitism in the UK today, with age old theories from racist writers about Jewry.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you think a post is inappropriate, simply report it and let the moderators deal with it. Waving imaginary red cards has never sat easily with me :shrug:
Reports went in yesterday and nothing happened so red cards were waved. That's perfectly fine, and the correct outcome has finally arrived. The Moderators are busy. That's fine.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
and very deliberately derailing a thread about antisemitism in the UK today, with age old theories from racist writers about Jewry.
And he has the nerve to single me out, with a Mauritian mum and two Iraqi grandparents, racist against POC. It’s a joke. I wasn’t even part of his meltdown. Absolutely fuming at the cheek of it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Often people point to a post and say something like "I can't believe that is allowed" as if someone has had prior sight of the post, thought "that's OK" and released it for general consumption.

Four reports were made last night on two posts. One person made two of the reports. Political threads are given a wide berth by a lot of NSCers, but it's likely the posts were seen by a few hundred people. Only three of them made reports. As a general point,I think a lot of people must assume "someone else will have reported that so I'll not bother".

I was at the bar at a gig in Bournemouth last night, just after the support act had started. Whilst I was waiting to be served I checked my phone. A couple of mods had seen the reports, reviewed them and suggested action was needed. I quickly responded that I was at a gig and I'd check when I got home around 1am.

I got home and, frankly, couldn't be bothered to pick through the bones of a political thread and, being honest, this morning I forgot as there were a few other things going on throughout the day.

I reviewed it this evening and imposed a ban.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If they had assessed his posts 24 hours ago and thought they were appropriate that would be a big problem. I assumed they hadn’t because they’re normal working people who don’t spend all day on here getting paid to moderate.
I saw his posts last night and assessed them as inappropriate. Because of my history with Swansman I wanted to make sure I wasn’t reading them with bias and posted on our WhatsApp group. At the time Bozza was at a gig - we do have lives. He was dedicated enough to suggest he’d look in the middle of the night but I think today was fine. It’s not like the post reports could be undone.

We’re volunteers with families and spouses and sometimes that gets in the way. However, it would have been far more inappropriate for me to have banned him yesterday than for Bozza to do so today.

And, no, we don’t read every post or possess crystal balls.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I saw his posts last night and assessed them as inappropriate. Because of my history with Swansman I wanted to make sure I wasn’t reading them with bias and posted on our WhatsApp group. At the time Bozza was at a gig - we do have lives. He was dedicated enough to suggest he’d look in the middle of the night but I think today was fine. It’s not like the post reports could be undone.

We’re volunteers with families and spouses and sometimes that gets in the way. However, it would have been far more inappropriate for me to have banned him yesterday than for Bozza to do so today.

And, no, we don’t read every post or possess crystal balls.
I recognise this and acknowledged such in the post you replied to.

Glad it’s sorted now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I recognise this and acknowledged such in the post you replied to.

Glad it’s sorted now.
I know - I quote stuff I’m backing up sometimes to maintain the thread of conversation

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Often people point to a post and say something like "I can't believe that is allowed" as if someone has had prior sight of the post, thought "that's OK" and released it for general consumption.

Four reports were made last night on two posts. One person made two of the reports. Political threads are given a wide berth by a lot of NSCers, but it's likely the posts were seen by a few hundred people. Only three of them made reports. As a general point,I think a lot of people must assume "someone else will have reported that so I'll not bother".

I was at the bar at a gig in Bournemouth last night, just after the support act had started. Whilst I was waiting to be served I checked my phone. A couple of mods had seen the reports, reviewed them and suggested action was needed. I quickly responded that I was at a gig and I'd check when I got home around 1am.

I got home and, frankly, couldn't be bothered to pick through the bones of a political thread and, being honest, this morning I forgot as there were a few other things going on throughout the day.

I reviewed it this evening and imposed a ban.
Excellent news, I hope it is a lengthy ban and he pisses off to pollute another message board.

As has been stated already if he was brave enough to have said any of this in a Pub he would be minus a few teeth by now. Racist Twunt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here