Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

L1 Unbeaten home record

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oldham losing at home today means we are now THE ONLY side in League 1 with a big fat 0 in the home defeats column. Fortress Withdean returns.

:albion2: :thumbsup:

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
I'm guessing we have had one of the worst, if not the worst home records in the last couple of years, so what a fantastic turnaround! Well done Gus and the boys!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And not forgetting that SCC's next game is away at the (now) second best home record in the league, Oldham.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Home form was always going to be the key this season, well done so far gus and the boys :thumbsup:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
An excellent achievement so far. Hope we are not tempting fate here though!

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
I'm guessing we have had one of the worst, if not the worst home records in the last couple of years, so what a fantastic turnaround! Well done Gus and the boys!
I believe we had the second or third worst home form last season and the best away form. I'd have to check that though. Might've been the other way around, worst home form, second of third best away.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloody impressive when you consider the last few seasons. Hope it lasts but we all know teams come to us and usually put 10 behind the ball to try and stop us playing hoping to hit us on the break

Still got to play the top teams at home too. Looking good but a long, long way to go yet

Indeed. We have only played Bournemouth, Charlton and Brentford out of the rest of the current top ten (and taken 5 points from them, with just a goal in each game). That 0 in the home defeats column is very nice, and must give the players confidence, but there's a lot of work still to be done.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Indeed. We have only played Bournemouth, Charlton and Brentford out of the rest of the current top ten (and taken 5 points from them, with just a goal in each game). That 0 in the home defeats column is very nice, and must give the players confidence, but there's a lot of work still to be done.

Bournemouth was only a draw due to an appalling last minute decision by the ref and his assistant. Charlton was a fightback from one nil down with ten men for 80mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here