Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kyle Bartley

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
anyone heard anything regarding Kyle Bartley from Arsenal joining us, presumably on loan??

source is a mate of a mate who works at the arsenal training ground...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Isn't he the one who was at Rangers on loan last season. Played midfield but yesterday played at centre back for Arsenal (scored the OG)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why sign someone like Bartley if Dunk is good enough? I hope we don't sign another centre back this week and we start with Dunk and Greer on saturday. He's ready, let's give him a chance rather than prioritising some "promising" defender from Arsenal, who is probably the new Ryan Garry.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
a short term loan for cover maybe... not sayin he would go in ahead of dunk, but if dunk or greer get injured we'll need someone.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why sign him to cover Dunk? Arsenal wouldn't want that, the player himself wouldn't want that and I see no logical reason why we would, either. We have options, Calderon could play in the centre and Vincelot at right back if needed, or Taricco. Cook, Hall and Strong are all around the squad aswell, give the youth a go if they're ever going to be good enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why sign him to cover Dunk? Arsenal wouldn't want that, the player himself wouldn't want that and I see no logical reason why we would, either. We have options, Calderon could play in the centre and Vincelot at right back if needed, or Taricco. Cook, Hall and Strong are all around the squad aswell, give the youth a go if they're ever going to be good enough.

Interesting you've listed all those, but not Painter, who was Swansea's first choice centre- back in the Championship...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why sign someone like Bartley if Dunk is good enough? I hope we don't sign another centre back this week and we start with Dunk and Greer on saturday. He's ready, let's give him a chance rather than prioritising some "promising" defender from Arsenal, who is probably the new Ryan Garry.

Its not just about Dunk though is it.....we have 2 fit centre backs that I would feel comfortable playing....what if god forbid Greer picks up an injury against Donny ?....
We desperatley need quality cover, if that means Dunk misses out so be it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Painter is slow. But that is because he used to be a centre back. He is not a quick full back. Nobody can claim him to be that but his positional sense makes up for his lack of pace.

If we have any problems Gus can put Painter in there then play tariccio

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Painter highly rated as Swansea - it makes me laugh when idiots come on here (not this thread) and call one of our best performers of last season slow and fat. We'll see.

Agree, Painter will do absolutely fine this season

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Painter is slow. But that is because he used to be a centre back. He is not a quick full back. Nobody can claim him to be that but his positional sense makes up for his lack of pace.

If we have any problems Gus can put Painter in there then play tariccio

painter is not slow:dunce:

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
We were interested in him a year or so ago, had a spell at rangers last season.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Would be a brilliant signing. Was excellent for Rangers and I know they wanted him back on loan...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I thought the whole objective was to win the league not be a trial area for up and coming lower league players with potential. Obviously a club like Arsenal get the pick so he will probably be better than Dunk and thus allow Dunk to progress slowly without being thrown in at the deep end. I hope that we sign him but must be honest I would rather we signed an experienced man to play alongside Greer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here