Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczack

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
"It was my turn to be on the bench," Ankergren said.
"When we came in at about 11 o'clock Tomasz said he wasn't feeling great. I actually thought he would play anyway but an hour later, after we had some food, he said he couldn't play."

Don't know if the link to that has already been posted, but Ankergren's interview on the BBC sport site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27025508

Would suggest, as others have said, that all these rumours are exactly that.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Well that's half an hour of my life I won't get back. When will I ever learn to ignore these threads?

The more I think about it, the more obvious it should have been right from the first page of the thread that there was nothing in the rumour -- for example, it was clear from Naylor's tweet before kickoff that the club had told him that Kuszczack was "ill". If he wasn't ill, and the real reason was a punch up in the dressing room and followed by a Kuszczack hissy fit, the club would not have told a blatant lie about to a journo (because that would come back to haunt them when the truth came out, and the club putting out a lie like that would also risk further inflaming the situation with Kuszczack himself). Surely the club in such circumstances would simply say that Kuszczack had at short notice been unable to play, and that further clarification would follow, or something similar?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Also if Kuszczack saying "I am fully open and if the club decided to talk to me about a new contract I am most happy to do that." means he is refusing to play and must be off to the Premiership in the summer does Casper saying "It is not really up to me and I haven't heard anything from the club. We have to wait and see." mean that he is refusing to play and is off to the Premiership in the summer as well?
I am interested to see if the people who jump to massive conclusions are at least consistent with their wild claims.

The only problem with that is that Kusczack has actually said his agent is talking to Premiership clubs. Ankergren hasn't. Apart from that, it was a good point..

albionite

May 20, 2009
Well that's half an hour of my life I won't get back. When will I ever learn to ignore these threads?

The more I think about it, the more obvious it should have been right from the first page of the thread that there was nothing in the rumour -- for example, it was clear from Naylor's tweet before kickoff that the club had told him that Kuszczack was "ill". If he wasn't ill, and the real reason was a punch up in the dressing room and followed by a Kuszczack hissy fit, the club would not have told a blatant lie about to a journo (because that would come back to haunt them when the truth came out, and the club putting out a lie like that would also risk further inflaming the situation with Kuszczack himself). Surely the club in such circumstances would simply say that Kuszczack had at short notice been unable to play, and that further clarification would follow, or something similar?

As soon as you see Bensgrandad has heard a rumour you know its bollocks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The only problem with that is that Kusczack has actually said his agent is talking to Premiership clubs. Ankergren hasn't. Apart from that, it was a good point..

In a fake Polish newspaper report.

Apart from that, good point...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well according to the Argus he is fit to play tomorrow. Bad news is that Upson has now stormed off I hear and may not be playing although there some bullshit in the same article about him being injured :wink:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In a fake Polish newspaper report.

Apart from that, good point...

Whether it is fake or not, I have no problem with Pig's agent discussing new contracts. He is out of contract in 77 days time and would be foolish not to be looking at what he will be doing. Hopefully he will sign for us but if we don't go up and a prem team will pay considerably more than us then I wouldn't blame him for leaving. I'd do the same in his shoes and I suspect most people on here would as well.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Does anyone know whether he turned up for the open training session today ?

I was at the Open day and PIG trained with the Team.

Also detailed in the Argus today "Tomasz Kuszczak, who missed the win over Charlton through illness, and Stephen Ward, who has played the last match-and-a-half with an ankle problem, are both fine and ready to go at the John Smith’s Stadium. "

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Saw him on Hove seafront yesterday walking with his children and eating ice cream, looked ok to me!

..Still don't know what to believe. Unless, just before k.o. on Monday, they shake hands in the centre circle, present a large bouquet of flowers to each other and PIG plants a large wet kiss in the middle of Bruno's shaved head, I will remain unconvinced by any counter arguments however rational.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Breaking >> Photos of TK escaping from the Amex after his "bust-up" on Saturday.

[tweet]456710490933035008[/tweet]

via https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/456710490933035008

Well that's just ridiculous. He is never going to take off until he takes that green sheet off the chopper. If he starts the rotors the sheet will get all wrapped up in them and just break the thing. It really makes you question his piloting skills.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was he ill?
Heard a completely unsubstantiated rumour of a bust-up and he left the ground sometime before kickoff. Probably rubbish.....
It was hinted to me by a media source who's very close to the club.
Sorry Sam, he was not ill.
He didn't elaborate.

All my source said ( and you know who it is, bruv.) Is the club line is he's ill believe that if you want!
They argued but the person ITK said that there were punches thrown by Koosh on to Bruno with Calde in the middle in the dressing room.
I'm not one to start rumours and do not normally pass on information from my media friend as I do not feel I should pass on what is said in a private conversation. Today though he offered up his little snippet to me in earshot of a few others around. He is very much in the know as he works for the club as well the local media and is certainly known to most albion fans.

Something isn't right and I don't think it's just Kuszczack.
What a load of old shit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's obvious now that the club were feeding this story out to cover up the real bust-up between Greer and Upson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here