Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers No.1? You havin' a laugh?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
He gave away posession 10/15 times today. 2 or 3 times he put us in serious trouble. Against a better team it would have been a cricket score.

I would be AMAZED if he plays next week.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Another one who should have gone a few seasons ago. Leaking them like a sieve even at Boston at a lower level so why the hell is he back here.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Henderson would have been playing today if he wasn't away on international duty.

Had to have at least three touches on his goal line before he could kick the ball straight. I reserved judgement during the match, but having watched the goals replayed on Sky, he really should have done better

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
John Boy said:
Henderson would have been playing today if he wasn't away on international duty.

Had to have at least three touches on his goal line before he could kick the ball straight. I reserved judgement during the match, but having watched the goals replayed on Sky, he really should have done better

Agreed. The third goal was a pathetic attempt and excuse for goalkeeping, I honestly believe Steven Hawkins is quicker off his line than Kuipers.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Happy Seagull said:
I don't think Henderson would have saved any of the goals.

Probably the second Kuipers seemed very static, And would have had a half decent attempt at the 3rd.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Happy Seagull said:
I don't think Henderson would have saved any of the goals.

Maybe not, but his distribution is so much better and that makes him much the better keeper. Kuipers vs Henderson - it's not even a debate.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Happy Seagull said:
Shit defending always exposes the keeper.

Right on the money! Comedic effort to stop the 3rd but the defense left him exposed time and time again. I'm a hendo man myself :)safeway2: ) but i think/know the root problem is the defense

Yoda

English & European
Don't think too much of the third goal. That was comical. :nono:

His kicking and distirbution looked fairly good. Wouldn't say HE lost us posession 10/15 times, more like the outfield players not winning the second ball.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
As a big Henderson fan I feel even I have to stick up for Kuipers today. Maybe the 2nd goal he could have done something about but really should have been the defenders job. The 3rd was a bit unfortunate, OK the striker fcuked it up but by then Kuipers had already made his decision and couldnt change direction. I will say though, that Kuipers weak kicking seems to be well known throughout the division, this was very appareant today. Blackpool pushed forward every time Kuipers had the ball knowing full well the ball wasnt going to get out of our half, that immediatley put us under pressure and kept us on the back foot when we should have been moving forward.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Thought the first goal came indirectly from poor kicking from Kuipers. He took a free kick outside his penalty that went a long way up but came down just beyond the centre circle in the other half, Blackpool won the header, we were on the back foot and during their sustained pressure forced the corner from which they scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here