Kuipers last appearance

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
FDM :bowdown: The club should now give utmost priority to replacing the image of Leon Knight with Michel Kuipers on the "Legends Wall"

Funny that I was thinking something similar as I was making my way back to Bennett's Field ....although I picked out Mark Lawrenson to go ... here for 4 years(?) and will never admits to playing for us .....

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I half-hope we never have to have a player that has had to suffer and enjoy the undulation and helterskelterishness of one troubled club so much to become as fanatical as Michel, but i know i'll miss that idea of having someone so involved, an imperfect player but such a gentleman, so much a representation of our club. The larger we grow, the more businesslike we are to gain success, the emotion of it all for players, and quite possibly for a portion of fans, will undoubtedly evaporate. Kuipers stands for something, and i was greatly moved to see him wipe his eyes as he left the field, and overjoyed to know how much it felt like we meant to him. A brilliant bloke and i hope he stays attached to us in some way. He deserves it and i think we deserve him.

Tremendous words Meado

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I was upset that i did not attend the match due to the lack of transport provided, but i would have been much more upset having attended and then only seeing Michel in action for 15 mins in his TESTIMONIAL match.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
319346_174047989396553_729790445_n.jpg

From OSRGull :thumbsup:

Kuipers thanking the fans !

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I half-hope we never have to have a player that has had to suffer and enjoy the undulation and helterskelterishness of one troubled club so much to become as fanatical as Michel, but i know i'll miss that idea of having someone so involved, an imperfect player but such a gentleman, so much a representation of our club. The larger we grow, the more businesslike we are to gain success, the emotion of it all for players, and quite possibly for a portion of fans, will undoubtedly evaporate. Kuipers stands for something, and i was greatly moved to see him wipe his eyes as he left the field, and overjoyed to know how much it felt like we meant to him. A brilliant bloke and i hope he stays attached to us in some way. He deserves it and i think we deserve him.

Absolutely, I met him for the first time on Saturday. What a great man he couldn't spend enough time with my son and me making sure we had all the pictures we wanted. I always liked him and he was my sons hero, even more so now, it's players like him that the word Legend rings true.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Definitely my favourite Albion player of all time, kept this young man a keen Brighton supporter at a time when it was not easy for the club to hold on to it's next generation of fans. As perfectly put by Kerry Mayo, Bobby Zamora scored plenty of goals throughout those back to back promotions at Withdean but Kuipers won points with his saves, something which isn't all that common with goalkeepers. All of this makes him a legend in my opinion, but on top of it, he really is a true gentlemen and in his speech in 1901 after the game, expressed how much it meant to him that the fans felt he had represented the club in an appropriate way. The resounding applause was enough of answer to that. Absolute hero.

I fully expect the club to retire the 287 shirt aswell!

SportsMission

Aug 7, 2012
Michel Kuipers Testimonial Post Match Reaction:

:bhasign:here's what Michel, Gus and Reading manager Brian McDermott thought of the game...

:bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports