Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Konta through to Semi Final

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
That was more down to her being injured than being rubbish. Look at Laura Robson's rankings drop due to injury: Highest ranking 27 (8 July 2013), Current ranking 741 (9 January 2016).

If Memory serves me right she briefly broke into the top 100 in 2014 but lost in the first round on the US Open that year and failed to defend her ranking points gained so that's why she slipped down to 145. No compassion with Laura Robson who has been out for 18 months pretty much.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lost the semi in 2 sets. Bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking our role of plucky losers.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Absolutely this.

Tennis players succeed in this country in spite of the LTA, not because of them.

Shambolic organisation, just concerned with their own egos, thinking that a (financially) successful Wimbledon tournament is the be-all and end-all.

Can't speak for tennis but in cricket, the creation of the ECB to replace the old TCCB in 1997 - sounds like this is what the LTA need to do.
ECB do so much now for grass roots and minorities cricket which the TCCB never had any interest in.
Test stars of today now recognise the coaching they received as kids as essential to their pathway to the top.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't be a fckwit then.

You're the one who made the original mistake anyway.

Exactly. I didn't want to start a brand new thread about Konta, so I bounced an old one, to post about her latest achievement. People then jump in without noticing the dates.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
An Australian immigrant with Hungarian parents, like mo Farrah, a Somali immigrant representing the U.K.

Farrage will be crapping himself.

Send em all home, we are used to losers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Go Jo for 2moro!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here