Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
We use a firestick loaded with Top Tutorials Ultra TT. YouTube it to add - it was simple to do.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
They do a build or if you prefer, just the add on. Would have thought it works on all kodi supported devices. I pay for one month and then if I fancy it I pay for another one using PayPal! I use the add on along with exodus in a firestick.

http://ruyaxl.com

Have a look if you fancy it

Here is the channel list so you see what you get, I do the 'full' one which is £20 for a month

http://ruyaxl.com/channel-list/

Nothing to do with me at all I have no idea where it comes from but I know that for £20 I'm well happy with it

Just looked at their pricing, I could probably get sky for that. Not for me mate.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks - i'll give it a try. Currently using fire stick - any other relatively cheap recommendations?

Don't know anything about Firestick I'm afraid but I assume it's the same .... [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] is the expert, no doubt he'll pop up soon

I would recommend an android box. If Amazon ever release an update to block kodi(they have tried before), then all these firesticks with kodi will be obsolete.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Just looked at their pricing, I could probably get sky for that. Not for me mate.

I respect your input on this thread, especially as you are Palace but £20 for pretty much every channel, in HD, you can not get that on Sky.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I would recommend an android box. If Amazon ever release an update to block kodi(they have tried before), then all these firesticks with kodi will be obsolete.

Also, and I'm not saying it's you but I have noticed that one of the dev's is a huge palace fan. You know this guy?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I respect your input on this thread, especially as you are Palace but £20 for pretty much every channel, in HD, you can not get that on Sky.

No but as I have broadband with sky I could get close, as they are constantly on at me to upgrade. But granted that would be for only twelve months.
If I were to go down the paying for kodi then I would probably look at the kodi live add-on and sports HD add-on. To be honest though for £240 per year I would much rather go down the sly/vermin(their name not mine) route.
£80 for the box and £20-£50 for the dish, most people have a dish outside their house now though. Then is you need is to flash the box and buy a code. I recently taught myself to flash the boxes and it's not that hard. After the initial cost you are looking at £20-40 for the year.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Moving house in a week. Just been told by Sky that "they are unable to process my move request". Away at sea now until next Monday but difficult to know what the hell that means until I speak to a human on the blower I suppose.
Looks like a good time to get out of the contract though.
So, I like my box sets & of course footie. Is this Kodi thing a good alternative?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If Brighton go up I will definitely be looking at getting NBC sports in some form so I can watch all the games in HD. I would rather do this officially via NBC but that sounds very tricky. Do all the NBC premier games work perfectly on this service ?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Moving house in a week. Just been told by Sky that "they are unable to process my move request". Away at sea now until next Monday but difficult to know what the hell that means until I speak to a human on the blower I suppose.
Looks like a good time to get out of the contract though.
So, I like my box sets & of course footie. Is this Kodi thing a good alternative?

For box sets and movies kodi is better than sky in my opinion. Imagine having all of the boxsets and movies available in one place. For sports it's not as good unless you go down the route of a paid add-on, saying that they I can always watch any match I like, though that is mostly in standard definition.

I got a deal through from BT yesterday for infinity broadband, line rental, unlimited UK anytime cakes and BT total entertainment package(which includes all sky sports channels) for £38 per month with a one off cost upfront of £59.99. Not a bad deal.
Regardless of if you get sky/BT/virgin etc I would still get a kodi box as the boxsets and movies are brilliant.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
For box sets and movies kodi is better than sky in my opinion. Imagine having all of the boxsets and movies available in one place. For sports it's not as good unless you go down the route of a paid add-on, saying that they I can always watch any match I like, though that is mostly in standard definition.

I got a deal through from BT yesterday for infinity broadband, line rental, unlimited UK anytime cakes and BT total entertainment package(which includes all sky sports channels) for £38 per month with a one off cost upfront of £59.99. Not a bad deal.
Regardless of if you get sky/BT/virgin etc I would still get a kodi box as the boxsets and movies are brilliant.

Victoria sponges too?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
If Brighton go up I will definitely be looking at getting NBC sports in some form so I can watch all the games in HD. I would rather do this officially via NBC but that sounds very tricky. Do all the NBC premier games work perfectly on this service ?

You wouldnt be able to do this opfficially as you cant watch these streams in the UK. You would need a VPN. Most stable ones you would need to subscribe to for about 5 or 6 quid a month. By the time you have added up the NBC cost with the VPN, you may as well buy kodi, a device and then pay for a sub to a HD sports addon.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You wouldnt be able to do this opfficially as you cant watch these streams in the UK. You would need a VPN. Most stable ones you would need to subscribe to for about 5 or 6 quid a month. By the time you have added up the NBC cost with the VPN, you may as well buy kodi, a device and then pay for a sub to a HD sports addon.
Fair enough. I'm not too bothered about the cost I just want a service that's reliable and I don't have to frig about with. I would definitely pay a premium for that.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Fair enough. I'm not too bothered about the cost I just want a service that's reliable and I don't have to frig about with. I would definitely pay a premium for that.

Look at streamtvbox on your PC. I have this add on for Kodi, its a paid sports sub. You can get 48 access for a couple of quid. Try it on your PC/Device and then see if you like it. I am coming up to my 2nd year now! So reliable and awesome service!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Answering earlier question, yes NBC is on there as are fox sports and countless others, easy to watch all the prem 3pm kick offs!
From reading a bit about it you can download it as an app as well right? You don't even need to watch via kodi?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anyone fancy building me a system that I can plug and play? Happy to pay for it, naturally!

Background: I've killed my Sky subscription (end of contract and renewal price was insufficiently discounted, and anyway, I've always had a guilt trip about paying Murdoch for anything), and killed my Netflix account (not enough content of interest to me, tbh). I'm about to kill my Amazon Prime account (only signed up for the free period in the run up to Xmas).

Current kit: I have a dish connected to an old Sky+ box with a RF2 (?) co-ax output which I use to connect TVs in two bedroom to the Sky box via magic-eye (wireless) type thingies. I have two terrestrial aerials, but I don't know if either are connected to anything useful - I can easily check, of course, but haven't done so as, so far, I've done everything via the dish.

Requirements:

Content - terrestrial channels, documentaries, Sky Arts, Sports, decent movie backlist plus new releases not yet out on Netflix (eg, I'd like to see Arrival which is no longer in cinemas, but isn't on any standard movie channel yet). Not particularly interested in catch-up TV or box sets - ie, if they come with the package, great, but I doubt I'll want to pay much extra to get them.

Technical - as easy to set up and maintain as possible. Need to be able to see the content on the bedroom TVs. Happy to continue to have to watch the same content on all three TVs (if there's an easy way not to - great!). Want to be able to record to a device of some description. Would prefer to continue to use dish or broadband (BT Infinity 2) rather than terrestrial aerial if possible.

Cost - happy to pay for decent hardware if required. Happy to pay a monthly subscription if needed (materially less than Sky though) in return for either/or reliability, no lag, simplicity. Happy to pay properly for your time/effort in providing me with a plug and play solution with an idiot-proof guide for use and maintenance.

My technical competence: meh - not bad, but not great. There's a lot of language used on this thread that I kinda understand - but it's the "kinda" bit that worries me!

Any takers? If not - I'll probably have a proper read through this thread and see what I make of it!

EDIT: [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] is on the case via PM...

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Sounds good, I'm transferring my BT account, which includes Infinity, so might follow your suggestion. Just need to shake off Sky when I get back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here