Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Im new to Kodi and have been wondering this myself. For the last year I have been subscribing to Unblockus.com which is DNS based (mainly to swap netflix regions, which now Netflix are getting wise to). Im not sure if this works in the same way as VPN. Is there anyone who is more techy who can advice? thanks

DNS is domain name server, this is how netflix.com gets translated to an ip address. Your internet provider well give you an automatic dns server which is located in the UK. Because it is located in the UK it will resolve netflix.com to the ip address for the uk netflix site. If you change your dns server to a US one, it will resolve to the US netflix site.

Vpn encrypts all of your data. You will connect to a vpn peer, a site somewhere, and from there you browse whatever sites you want and because all traffic is encrypted your internet provider will not know what sites you are connecting to, so they cannot block your access.

I do not use a vpn yet because i can get to whatever sites i want but this is slowly changing. Once the isp's have blocked the majority of streaming sites, we will need a vpn. This is the great thing about kodi, they usually provide a number of links to whatever stream you want to watch, so if one fails, possibly due to being blocked, you can try another.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Can you recommend a good box to get?

I have an mxq box which costs roughly £25 on eBay. Lots of people have the firestick now, which I think is about £25?. To be honest it's pretty much down to personal preference. It's nore about keeping it updated than anything, its all very well buying one that has everything installed but you still need to keep it updated otherwise it becomes virtually useless. I would personally just buy the box/srick blank and add a few sources. You will still get everything and have a lot less trouble making sure its updated.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
For live TV, Kodi is shockingly bad. The quality is poor, which is fine given that you're not paying for it. The TV shows and films are very good admittedly.

If the Albion are on though, I just get a now sports day pass, for £6 much it's a no brainer in my opinion.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
For live TV, Kodi is shockingly bad. The quality is poor, which is fine given that you're not paying for it. The TV shows and films are very good admittedly.

If the Albion are on though, I just get a now sports day pass, for £6 much it's a no brainer in my opinion.

Really not sure how you work that out.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
PLP been working well for me the last week

Really? I'll have another look this weekend then, like I said I have been using operation Robocop which in the past has had a sensational picture. I've recently tried 'The wookie's' build which is really good and has everything you could ever need.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Been watching a perfect stream of BT sport Europe this evening on operation robocop for the Chelsea game.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Really? I'll have another look this weekend then, like I said I have been using operation Robocop which in the past has had a sensational picture. I've recently tried 'The wookie's' build which is really good and has everything you could ever need.

What is wookies build?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
What is wookies build?

It's a wizard that puts all the decent apps straight onto kodi for you. Try it out by following the link Swillis put up. If you don't like it just wipe it and start again but I think it is excellent 👍🏼

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Is is that another brand, like the Paradox/The BlackBox build?

Basically, yes. I'm not a lover of them as you are always reliant on the developer keeping them upto date etc. Much prefer to just have a few sources and that way it's easier to keep on top of.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Yep. I used to use the black box but when it changed to paradox I couldn't get it to work at all. Probably me being an idiot mind.

I installed The Beast build and have added extra sources. Operation Robocop is still the best I've found for football though.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I just can't believe they haven't shut it down to be honest

If you mean kodi, it would be virtually impossible. Internet providers are starting to block sources it but then other sources will be added or people can just move to vpns.
Let's face it, they haven't managed to stop live streams and the have been going for years. Kodi is just safer, easier and better quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here