Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knoll school for boys hove

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
yep always fights after school,was that kinda school still kept us entertained,as i remerber there were the anslow family around there and a mate of mine andy binns ring any bells,

Lived next door to the Binns family and across from the Anslows

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Went to the infants at the Knoll in 54/5. If that doesn't count,I did a seven stretch at the effeminate HCGS(B).Liddell "taught" my brother at the Knoll before his promotion to the elitist Grammar School,where he failed to cope,and left a broken man.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. :(

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Did anyone on here ever go to the Knoll school for boys , old shoreham road in hove between 1971 and 1976 ? if so who are you and can you remember any of the teachers ? oh my name is Kevin Jackson by the way ( there are lots of people i would like to say hello to again and also sorry !!! .:thumbsup:

I was there 71 - 76

mann242

Jan 27, 2012
Knoll Boys photo 1975 and now on Facebook

Details of people in picture are on the Knoll Boys Facebook page and more photos are on there

Also Teachers I remember from the 1972 to 1976 period

Headmaster Mr Morris - batman
Dep Head Jack Mutton also Maths teacher
George (rubbergut) Harman fiersome fucker
Geography Mr Baraclough - Zebedee
English Mr mc Neil - nice guy
English Mr Rowlands also OK eyebrows like a bog brush
French Mr Griffin wierd tall guy
History Mr Newman Jock
Biology Mr Tanner
Chemistry Mr Carwin (Queerboys) and his dog Paddy
Maths Mr Harvey Hippo
Art Derek Cook
Art Mr Smith
Metalwork Mr Pidgeon

Caretakers - no idea of there real names
Des
Snowhite
Cyclops
Creeping Jesus

Attachments

• Knoll 1975 1.jpg
    Knoll 1975 1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 303

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Face Book site. No information has been provided... yet. Bit like going to the Knoll as a pupil. :down:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember some of the lads who where very good Basketball players who played for the East Sussex side with our lads who came from Haywards Heath which in those days was in East Sussex before the Heath became West Sussex

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Knoll 'Borstal' as my dad and I affectionately called it! We did the plumbing & maintenance in the seventies and it was the male equivalent of St Trinians. I thought I would give you some of the 'highlights' of working there.

Creeping through the cloakroom with Des the caretaker so we did not wake any of the 'lads' who were asleep under piles of coats.
The painters van having the handbrake let off only to crash into the playground doors.
Having the ladder nicked when we were up in the roof fixing a ball-valve.
The trap hatch catching light and setting off the only working alarm.
Having a row with Mr Morris who said we hadn't fixed some pipes properly - we had used 3" bolts but the next day they had gone.
The doors and eventually the sides of the toilet cubicles being wrecked and not replaced - it resembled a Roman bog where you could chat to your mate.
The science teacher at one time was a tiny woman who was dwarfed by six foot lads who were letting off fireworks in the fecking classroom.
Taking a hammer around with us for protection.

Thats just off the top of my head - still it kept us busy:thumbsup:

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
I remember some of the lads who where very good Basketball players who played for the East Sussex side with our lads who came from Haywards Heath which in those days was in East Sussex before the Heath became West Sussex

I played in county B/B team. Made up of mainly Knoll and Bishope Bell

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Who was involved in the 'rocket' science project that left the area behind the school looking like Beirut?

Bit of an ott stattement, but I remember being impressed by the damage caused.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Who was involved in the 'rocket' science project that left the area behind the school looking like Beirut?

That area behind the school is the Knoll eastate. No damage that is how it is. Got a girl pregant off that estate to. Lovely education.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011

I remember what you are talking about now. The explosion. That was Dez the caretaker mixing wrong cleaning products. Not the wisest of men. Have memeories of him chopping up school chairs so all the boys where armed for
the fight with Cardinal Newman. Loyal if nothing else.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Did anyone on here ever go to the Knoll school for boys , old shoreham road in hove between 1971 and 1976 ? if so who are you and can you remember if I sexually abused you? oh my name is Kevin Jackson by the way ( there are lots of people i would like to say hello to again and also sorry !!! .:thumbsup:

Apology accepted.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sounds like it went downhill even further after the sixty's, coinciding with the removal of the ability of the staff to physical chastise the pupils.(inmates)

channon

Apr 5, 2011
I went to the knoll for 1 year in 76 as we moved to Norway street in portslade so moved to portslade school for those that know the area will know that the knoll was the closer school remember some of the teachers names.does any one remember the running vest we had to have white with the purpl and gold bands round the middle. My names john channon if any one remembers my short stay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here