involved = scorer, assist, second assist

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trossard - 3194 minutes in the PL - involved in 21 goals
Knockarert - 4290 minutes in the PL - involved in 17 goals

And contribution off the ball and to the rest of the team?

I saw Knockaert clear a few off the line.....

What defines a second assist? Clear pass or inadvertent touch?

Edit - does this include Leicester as well for Knockaert?

Compare Knockaert last season with us and Trossard’s first. Similar appearances, Trossard 3 more goals (he did start well), Knockaert 3 more assists.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Whilst I think Knocky wasn’t great at this level, he was playing in a Hughton team. That said, I think they’ve both under performed.

There’s definitely a solid case that Trossard is a better player. Being a Belgium international suggests that. Technically, on the ball he is brilliant. But Tross is woefully, woefully inconsistent. At first I thought he was going to be an immense player in this league. And he is.. every 5-6 games!

His early appearances at the Amex were electric. If he could add consistency to his game he’d be incredible.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And contribution off the ball and to the rest of the team?

I saw Knockaert clear a few off the line.....

What defines a second assist? Clear pass or inadvertent touch?

Edit - does this include Leicester as well for Knockaert?

Of course other things matter as well.

As for second assist, not sure. The only site I know that counts "second assists" is the oldest Premier League stat site around, http://www.premiersoccerstats.com and I dont know how they measure it.

Does not include Leicester.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

A bit selective with the stats. You can use any stats to fit an Agendas so much so that it you go to tenth assist, you could be looking at having touched the ball before half time and and the goal is scored in the second half or in the previous game :)

Whats the stats with assists only ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

stats are what you make of them. We have many games where we have had more possession but have not won... It does not reflect AKs overall contribution.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Of course other things matter as well.

As for second assist, not sure. The only site I know that counts "second assists" is the oldest Premier League stat site around, http://www.premiersoccerstats.com and I dont know how they measure it.

Does not include Leicester.

Thanks - just looked on the PL site and compared Knockaert’s last season with Trossard’s first. Really very little in it. 3 goals and 3 assists difference in favour of each player. 31 and 30 appearances respectively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A bit selective with the stats. You can use any stats to fit an Agendas so much so that it you go to tenth assist, you could be looking at having touched the ball before half time and and the goal is scored in the second half or in the previous game :)

Whats the stats with assists only ?

I dont have an agenda really as I have no clue if Trossard is better than Knockaert or not, I just reacted to the "Knocky got better end product" thing as its not exactly what I've seen from the little I've seen of him and these stats support it to some extent though of course things like goal conversion and successful crosses/key passes etc would perhaps be more accurate... and more time consuming to pull out.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I dont have an agenda really as I have no clue if Trossard is better than Knockaert or not, I just reacted to the "Knocky got better end product" thing as its not exactly what I've seen from the little I've seen of him and these stats support it to some extent though of course things like goal conversion and successful crosses/key passes etc would perhaps be more accurate... and more time consuming to pull out.

I am not even bothered about the stats I asked for - These are all about opinions and all very personal.

You ask people who is the best player in the PL nd you would get 1000s of different answers. You get most people claiming that De Breuyne being the best midfielder in the PL - Many would disagree.

I actually think that Ilkay Gundogan is a more influential player than De Breuyne but I don't think he gets the same praise in that side because he does a lot of what he does ''Less Spectacularly''

My opinion is nether better or worse than anyone else's - It's just my opinion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am not even bothered about the stats I asked for - These are all about opinions and all very personal.

You ask people who is the best player in the PL nd you would get 1000s of different answers. You get most people claiming that De Breuyne being the best midfielder in the PL - Many would disagree.

I actually think that Ilkay Gundogan is a more influential player than De Breuyne but I don't think he gets the same praise in that side because he does a lot of what he does ''Less Spectacularly''

My opinion is nether better or worse than anyone else's - It's just my opinion.

Umm.. yes?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When Trossard has a PL MOM performance then we can compare the two, Knocky was unplayable against Man Utd at home ruined them, also against City in the semi what a performance. Unfortunately both very inconsistent players in the PL.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Interesting, if hardly surprising.
Knockaert was absolutely stunning for us in the Championship, was our best player when we got promoted, and was its PotS. He had one or two cracking games for us in the PL -- most memorably the home game we won against United that secured survival, when he put Rojo on his arse, and similar delicious exploits -- but too impetuous to take things further. He remains a legend.
Trossard is quite comfortably a superior player, but similarly frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here