Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think if either team had played a little bit better they would have won. I've always enjoyed Klopp. He's good value.
Agreed. He's also very personable. I like him. Really not sure why people have an issue with him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. He's also very personable. I like him. Really not sure why people have an issue with him.
It's quite embarrassing how some people take offence to almost anything in football.

Fair enough, it's a comedy quote. Anyone can say "if we were a bit better we'd have won", but why take offence to it rather than just chuckle at what amounts to a daft truism?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
No, you’re not understanding it, which is quite funny given your uncalled for sarcasm. If we were a bit better we SHOULD have won the game. It makes no sense. Much like your reply.
With you on that bud.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Weird post. He's saying opportunities were there for the win (see the shot against the bar). Also not quite sure where you seem to be picking up that he's showing no dignity? Very complementary interview where, frankly, he doesn't need to give one iota about how the opposition played. His team dropped points from a winning position and he could easily have been far worse about it.

I thought klopps comments in the week about wanting a replay were a bit daft, but there's nothing to see here.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He’s honest and straightforward and will give credit where it’s due.

and that original quote could be seen as another way of saying “we weren’t good enough to win”….. which is fair enough.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I kind of understand what he was saying. Pool were so passive, they seemed so afraid of us...... which was amusing. We were excellent yesterday but pool were below par.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I kind of understand what he was saying. Pool were so passive, they seemed so afraid of us...... which was amusing. We were excellent yesterday but pool were below par.
In the first half, yes I agree, but they were so much better in the second and should have been 3-1 up were it not for that hilarious miss from Gravenberch.

I also don't agree with "we were excellent". I think we were "improved" on previous weeks, but our passing isn't crisp enough, we're making 2-3 HUGE mistakes every match (including this one), and our final 3rd decision making isn't as good as it could be.

Now, every team goes through patches where we're off the boil and this is one of those patches. If we were excellent as you say, we wouldn't keep conceding goals at the rate we are and in the manner we are.

On Klopp, no problems with his post match comments. Generally he was actually pretty positive and, frankly, we're lucky he helped to calm De Zerbi down because he was about 30 seconds from another sending off. Klopp had no need to intervene to calm him down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Klopp is very likeable to be honest. And I love watching Diaz play. I know he's a great player, but I find it very hard to like Salah.
I thought that, apart from one clever turn that led directly to their first goal, Diaz was really poor yesterday :shrug:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Any fan, manager or pundit who watched that game and concluded anything other than “draw is the right result” is a bit dim. Both sides made mistakes. Both sides missed a sitter that probably wins them the match. Both sides looked dangerous at times.

Klopp said it was the right result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here