Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
‘If we were a bit better today we should have won the game’

Wtf does that even mean Jurgen? Surely every manager could say that after every game? Always offers back handed compliments that are clearly hurting him to say and never seems to take dropping points to us with any dignity…

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Wtf does that even mean Jurgen? Surely every manager could say that after every game? Always offers back handed compliments that are clearly hurting him to say and never seems to take dropping points to us with any dignity…

Maybe it's because Roberto called them Arsenal?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Manager utters platitude after a game of football. HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Manager utters platitude after a game of football. HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!
No, you’re not understanding it, which is quite funny given your uncalled for sarcasm. If we were a bit better we SHOULD have won the game. It makes no sense. Much like your reply.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bloke's a dickhead.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think if either team had played a little bit better they would have won. I've always enjoyed Klopp. He's good value.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don’t get on Klopps back… Pretty fair. We had chances at 1-0 though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reminds me of that Jasper Carrott sketch ”If it had gone in the net, it would have been a goal!”
Exactly - thank you for understanding it as I saw it 👍

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

To be fair, had they been a teeny weeny bit better with that 6 yard open goal it would have been 3-1 and they would have most likely won. Having read most of his other quotes he seems to have been balanced and given an accurate reflection of the game.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Reminds me of that Jasper Carrott sketch ”If it had gone in the net, it would have been a goal!”
Howard Wilkinson had the best:

'I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Howard Wilkinson had the best:

'I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win'
Was it Mark MxGhee who said we won the second half …..after a 2-1 defeat?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was it Mark MxGhee who said we won the second half …..after a 2-1 defeat?
Not sure. I think the 'won the second half' quote is not limited to him though.

I've just seen the full Klopp interview. I can't see anything in there that I didn't see during the match. He said a draw was a fair result and, on balance, I would suggest he was right.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
No, you’re not understanding it, which is quite funny given your uncalled for sarcasm. If we were a bit better we SHOULD have won the game. It makes no sense. Much like your reply.
It makes complete sense.

I’m not only understanding it, I’m saying it’s a stock post-match sentiment ie a platitude. "With a bit more quality in the final third we'd have scored today." Or "If our defence had been a bit quicker they’d have prevented the goal." It’s what they all say. If only this, if only that. "If the referee had been more consistent and given the second yellow, they’d have been down to ten men." They’re actually recommended to utter this sort of stuff when they do their media training as it helps keeps them away from controversy.
Bloke's a dickhead.
A valuable contribution to the assessment of his language.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It makes complete sense.

I’m not only understanding it, I’m saying it’s a stock post-match sentiment ie a platitude. "With a bit more quality in the final third we'd have scored today." Or "If our defence had been a bit quicker they’d have prevented the goal." It’s what they all say. If only this, if only that. "If the referee had been more consistent and given the second yellow, they’d have been down to ten men." They’re actually recommended to utter this sort of stuff when they do their media training as it helps keeps them away from controversy.

A valuable contribution to the assessment of his language.
Thought it sums him up in a quick and concise way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here