Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit announcement date and time being announced at 4:30

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well, at least black is a lucky colour for us as an away kit. I mean, it would be ridiculous to pick a colour we'd worn in, say, a 5-0 defeat at Palace, wouldn't it?

On, hang on ...

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I like it! But then I'm one of the few (it seems) who likes the possible fade home kit.

As for sizing only going up to XXL, the Nike sizing is a lot more roomy than the Errea sizing which always came out on the small size. I remember being in the old old club shop (Churchill Square side of Queens Road) and them telling me to go for at least two sizes up when I was browsing some tops! (BTW anyone remember when that shop was a Virgin record store?).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I like it, crisp, sharp, professional.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It will sell well, very well. That's what happens. I imagine the press release detailing Albion fans' unprecedented demand for a new away kit has already been drafted. Look out for it some time next week. Collectively, we've pre-ordered in record numbers doncha know.

If you don't buy shirts, there is nothing to see here - it really doesn't matter what the shirt looks like - you wouldn't buy one anyway.

The kit being out of Nike's catalogue is how it goes. We know that. There are no surprises there. We all know you can pick one up for a little over a tenner. The club take that stock shirt and add three transfers to it (the Albion badge and the Amex logos front and back) and those badges add about £10 a piece to the price we have to pay for the Albion version. Again, no shock there.

The Nike deal is one of the biggest commercial deals the club has ever struck. It's these deals that help put the likes of Anthony Knockaert into those Nike shirts. Personally, I don't really give a toss what the shirt looks like if we can fill it with players like him.

As a parent, I'll give my kids a choice of new home and away shirts and dutifully hand over my cash to the club. My kids will be proud to be seen in an Albion shirt, and they will be regardless of what it looks like. I'll be proud because they are proud.

The only thing that grates is what seems to be the likelihood that both shirts may be one season wonders. Given the cost of these things, it would be good to know that you'd get 2 years out of a shirt if you buy it at launch. Clubs, including the Albion, should do better here.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Don't think so.

71139ac385a4fe766069b436215e96eb.png

6dfbf3cac753a1b19e96f77ea21ef2ef.png

Yep, that's Volt

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with Bozza about selling well. Forget the whingers on here, i predict this will be the best selling away kit of the Amex era.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I really don't like black as a 2nd team strip , we have had green , yellow. , red why don't we stick to one colour as our away strip, as opposed to changing the colour every year . You can always change the design every couple of years but stick to a basic colour
Yep. Should be yellow every year IMO

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Couldn't agree more with Bozza, the man speaks truth ya' know! I loved the Volt kit as it stood out, look classy with the collar, and was cool to wear. This one is equally nice. Always interested in the look of a shirt, however it's the players who wear it which is more important, and the results they earn in it. Can't wait for the season to begin now though

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That away strip looks f******g shit.

It's like some dodgy hotel staff's smelly overalls.

Do the club employ u-13s to design this sh*t,

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I like it. Simple, effective. People will buy it. We'll play well in it, we'll play shit in it.

Just hope the home shirt is a good effort too...worried about the faded efforts seen already though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
A kit is a kit..

But ultimately, this one is a bit shit.

Template crap with no imagination whatsoever. It's last season's but with the colours inverted...

Not overly bothered as long as we get the right players to wear it, mind.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Do not really give a rats arse what it looks like.
I am not going to wear it out in torremolinos trying to pull your mum.
I will wear it like all other fans supporting the team wearing it with passion.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I like it! But then I'm one of the few (it seems) who likes the possible fade home kit.

Same, think I'm gonna keep my powder dry for that one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here