'Killer' seagulls top the pecking order for a media frenzy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Seagulls by the Sea - OK, that is where they should be.

Seagulls inland - definitely NOT OK.

They took several fish from our pond last summer and (according our vet) introduced a bacterial infection which then killed most of the rest.

Absolute vermin.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

100% this. Perhaps they should retain their protected status - but only up to two or three miles from the coast. Then we'd still have seagulls when we go to the seaside (which is as it should be) and the sky-rats could be eliminated elsewhere.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

They took several fish from our pond last summer and (according our vet) introduced a bacterial infection which then killed most of the rest.

Absolute vermin.
Seagulls took some fish from your pond, OH MY GOD how did you ever get over it are you ok, the sea is virtually empty due to over fishing. I think you will find that the human race are the vermin that will ultimately cause the demise of all living creatures on this planet

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We've been culling them ever since we took over their natural habitat and depleted their natural food supply resulting in a 50% drop in their population. If they could communicate with us I've no doubt they would be saying the same thing back at us!

Quoted for truth. Spot on.

I said it on here the other day but humans have really evolved to a level I cannot stand.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Seagulls took some fish from your pond, OH MY GOD how did you ever get over it are you ok, the sea is virtually empty due to over fishing. I think you will find that the human race are the vermin that will ultimately cause the demise of all living creatures on this planet

If I lived near the sea I would cope with predations of sea birds.

In this case they came inland, took fresh water fish and as they are bacteria laden they then destroyed the natural balance of a fresh water pond leaving virtually no living fish.

You seem to be upset about overfishing of sea fish but don't give a shit about fresh water fish, what a strange attitude.....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Confirmation then that you have no qualification to comment on the situation in in Brighton then.

only born there and lived all over the city for more years than enough
it was always OK clean and tidy ...........but Brighton is now inhabited by loads of people who have no pride in the city, dumping their rubbish just about anywhere .....and I will say that Eastbourne is going the same way and catching up very quickly

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I've only got an unlocked bin, will that do?

foxes can get into them, then the seagulls will be quequeing up behind them
we used a paving block on top of ours when we lived in Brighton

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If I lived near the sea I would cope with predations of sea birds.

In this case they came inland, took fresh water fish and as they are bacteria laden they then destroyed the natural balance of a fresh water pond leaving virtually no living fish.

You seem to be upset about overfishing of sea fish but don't give a shit about fresh water fish, what a strange attitude.....

You must be :fishing: no one could be stupid enough to believe freshwater fish stocks are currently under threat from seagulls , not even red top readers

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
only born there and lived all over the city for more years than enough
it was always OK clean and tidy ...........but Brighton is now inhabited by loads of people who have no pride in the city, dumping their rubbish just about anywhere .....and I will say that Eastbourne is going the same way and catching up very quickly

Rose coloured spectacles there. I've lived in Brighton all my life aswell and it was run down, dirty and delapidated in the 80s.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Rose coloured spectacles there. I've lived in Brighton all my life aswell and it was run down, dirty and delapidated in the 80s.

so it was
60s/70s were ok and for a long time before that, its since it became "popular" to live there, when the world and its auntie wanted to be there even at week-ends and they forgot to take their rubbish home with them.
but I will say the 80s was a better time to live there than some of the dumps elsewhere especially if you were born there.
I lived in East Acton for a while, and regretted that and some of the other places I have lived some better and cleaner than my home town/city but you always hanker after home and Eastboune was the nearest we could get and even now thats getting like Brighton was in the 80s.
but here you get what I missed SEAGULLS in the morning .................you don't get many SEAGULLS in East Acton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports