Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dion Dublin was waxing lyrical about us when I was listening about half an hour ago.
These media types just can't get enough of us.

The team of the 80s 20s.

Oh hang on. :facepalm:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly usual my clubs bigger than your club bollocks

‘Yes, Brighton have had success in recent years, but I’d argue all day long that Ipswich Town are a bigger football club‘
I may be completely impotent, owing to age, alcohol abuse and, frankly, just the sorry passage of time, but look at the size of my cock. :ohmy:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

View attachment 182765
He seems to have thought better of it and removed the "smaller club" part from the article now.

But he has kept this part:

but I’d argue all day long that Ipswich Town are a bigger football club.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I'm all in for Mckenna. I'm actually excited about the prospect. Young coach, good football and is suitable for our recruitment model. Get it done PBOBE, you know it makes sense.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He seems to have thought better of it and removed the "smaller club" part from the article now.

But he has kept this part:
Its all a load of laughable bollox isnt it. "My clubs bigger than your club", "why would he go to a smaller club"!

If youre looking at the size of stadiums, the catchments areas I'd say we're very similar sized.

If youre looking at historical success, then thanks to Bobby Robson, theyre bigger.

If youre looking at turnover and profitability we're bigger.

If youre a foreign player from the arse end of nowhere looking at offers from both clubs, I reckon most would consider us bigger right now.

None of it matters one jot.

McKenna will be thinking of himself, his career and I'd guess his ultimate aim of one day managing Man U? I doubt this billy big bollox stuff will feature at all.

To take a squad from L1 to PL is a great achievement, to keep them in PL will be a monumental achievement though also a very difficult challenge, as Burnley have proven.

Does he want a 50/50 chance or maybe worse of relegation (no disrepect to Ipswich, but thats reality of the gulf), or the chance to get into a PL club with a better squad thats more likely to give him a few years PL experience and a higher % chance of a longer period to cut his teeth at this level?

Brighton is a safer bet today, it may not always be of course. Though I like Ipswich and it would be admirable of him to stay.

Nobody should ever be surprised in football of people jumping for what they see is a career ladder stepping stone to their ultimate goals, they nearly all do it!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here