Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keys and Gray back on TV

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I hated Andy Gray and always thought Keys was a bit of a prick. I think Gray thought he was irreplaceable, but he wasn't. Gary Neville is on a different plane to Gray in terms of analysis.

Personally, I still miss Big Ron - in Ronglish he invented a whole new language for the football co-commentator, and only his classic "Early Doors" still survives. So many other quotes have disappeared, including "Spotter's Badge", "Full Gun", "Crowd Scene", "Tell You What, Clive", "Wide Awake Club", "Going Down In Instalments" and "The Curly Finger". Racism is inexcusable, but it doesn't alter the fact that Ron was a colossus and Andy Townsend by comparison is a dwarf.

"He has got his reducer in early."

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Pleased to learn that Keys & Gray are back on TV,Their comment was not intended to be heard on air and as such was a private opinion,which I believe we are all entitled to have.
They are average presenters on Talk Sport but will be missed by many.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Pleased to learn that Keys & Gray are back on TV,Their comment was not intended to be heard on air and as such was a private opinion,which I believe we are all entitled to have.

not by any women listeners I suspect

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Except it wasn't said down the pub. Both were at work a point missed by many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here