Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kevin Stoger

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, I misread the thread title, I thought it was about Kevins toger.

My mistake.

I thought it was an announcement that one of NSC's gammons (Kevin S. Todger being his real name) had been arrested for crimes against Anna Neagle. The dirty b@rstard ???

anna.jpg

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I don't think this will happen but hope it does. He'd fit our pressing game very well, can attack and defend well, is comfortable on the ball, makes a lot of great passes. Can't understand how he hasn't got a club thought he'd leave Dusseldorf and join a new team straight away. Bremen apparently interested wouldn't be surprised if Shalke went in for him as well they need a few experienced players to try and steady that ship. On a free it would be decent business to be fair not a superstar but somebody who could come in and reliably do a job.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Bulinews.com said this....

Kevin Stöger is likely to leave Fortuna Düsseldorf on a free transfer at the end of the season, according to a report from Kicker.

'Die Flingeraner' are eager to tie the Stöger down to a new deal, but the midfielder will probably take the next step in the summer, as per the report.

Stöger, who missed the entire first half of the season due to a cruciate ligament rupture, has made a huge impact after making his return in 2020.

In total, the 26-year-old has made 36 appearances for Fortuna with three goals and 13 assists to his name.

Decent assist record, and seems they wanted to keep him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks decent, anyone know more about the circumstances of him being a free agent?

This would be his fifth ‘free transfer’.

He has a dodgy injury record and probably has a strategy of signing one or two year deals. Some agents like this journeyman strategy as they get a guaranteed pay day every year or two.

I think this chap would be a great fourth or fifth choice in the centre of the park for us. A risk worth taking if we are selling or loaning players such as Sanders.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bulinews.com said this....

Kevin Stöger is likely to leave Fortuna Düsseldorf on a free transfer at the end of the season, according to a report from Kicker.

'Die Flingeraner' are eager to tie the Stöger down to a new deal, but the midfielder will probably take the next step in the summer, as per the report.

Stöger, who missed the entire first half of the season due to a cruciate ligament rupture, has made a huge impact after making his return in 2020.

In total, the 26-year-old has made 36 appearances for Fortuna with three goals and 13 assists to his name.

Decent assist record, and seems they wanted to keep him.[/QUOTE
Judging by Solly on Saturday, a ruptured ACL needn't be a barrier to future success.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Judging by Solly on Saturday, a ruptured ACL needn't be a barrier to future success.

These days it really isnt. Only 20 years ago it was almost certain you would have a horrdenous injury record if you got your ACL ruptured, because back then they used a hamstring as replacement two ACL injuries and you were basically gone. Today they use other methods and most players come back in full strenghth, even if it does increase the risk of tearing the ACL again for about two years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here