Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Nolan

Jameson

Was it really necessary for him to run half the length of the North and West Stand giving it the big "I am" after scoring? It was as if he had something to prove against us, like we'd given him a hard time or something. To be honest I was surprised he wasn't booked.
:tosser:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
He might has well have carried a whistle with him he was in the referee's ear so much.

Just the type of player we need, though...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Must have meant a lot to him, scoring against Brighton.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Actually despite the level of irritation he caused, thought he was the best player. Surprised he dropped down to championship.

I would say that his goal celebration was borderline incitement and was surprised the ref did not book him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe he just loves playing football, and in the moment he was just so happy to have scored, and in a great stadium, that he got carried away :shrug:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good player just a shame he had to spend most of the game acting like a complete cock, Quite what the over celebrating was all about I've got absolutely no idea it's not as if he was getting any stick before he scored.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It did seem a little OTT, but so what. We'd already given him some stick early in the game so if we're dishing it out we ought to be able to take it too.

Agree with Austrian Gull too he did seem very matey with the ref.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe he just loves playing football, and in the moment he was just so happy to have scored, and in a great stadium, that he got carried away :shrug:

How the hell can you defend him?! He's def added to my list of players I hate forever. No need at all for the goading etc - it was as if there was previous. Totally uncalled for. Twat.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Was it really necessary for him to run half the length of the North and West Stand giving it the big "I am" after scoring? It was as if he had something to prove against us, like we'd given him a hard time or something. To be honest I was surprised he wasn't booked.
:tosser:
Worst law in the game? Players only seem to get booked when celebrating with their own fans. A flash of a club T-shirt gets a booking and Nolan gets away with his antics

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It did seem a little OTT, but so what. We'd already given him some stick early in the game so if we're dishing it out we ought to be able to take it too.

Really? Cos I didn't think he had had any stick at all, nothing had really happened at that stage for him to get any! It wasn't celebrating, it was deliberately winding up the home fans. It seemed very very personal (Hammond-esque), and yet I don't think he's EVER played against us before. I would rather Murray had done that, at least he had a decent reason to.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cant quite understand the rules on this one...u get booked for taking yur shirt off and nothing for that type of goal celebration ..laws an ass

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I wasn't bothered in the least by his celebration. I was more concerned about the way the opportunity to score was gifted to him.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It was pretty suprising I thought. We'd only played 17 minutes and he'd not exactly got a lot of stick had he?

If it was at Old Trafford in the 90th minute after him getting abused for the whole game, fair play, but to do that with little to no reason just baffles me. It just makes him seem like a deluded knobhead.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Cant quite understand the rules on this one...u get booked for taking yur shirt off and nothing for that type of goal celebration ..laws an ass

I was thinking that. Balotelli got booked for standing there and lifting his shirt over his head, while Nolan can run at the fans giving it the biggun and gets nothing. Agree the fans can't compain if they were dishing it out, but the yellow card rules don't tally up.

As others have said Nolan is a great player but also one of the most disliked. Every team that has played West Ham this season seems to have commented on how much time Nolan spends bleating at the referee

D

Deleted User X18H

Back in September Gus said unless it was for an emergency we were unlikely to dip into the loan market.Now we have Reyes (here due to Tanos re-retirement) and Harper who is purely tactical.

Truth is we need a midfielder like Nolan. Did you see how much he bullied at times and encouraged hit team mates last night. A real enforcer but where to find one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's always been an obnoxious little bitch. I'm amazed anybody is surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here