Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kevin Friend - great ref

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Brilliant news.

Absolutely shocking referee.....

I guess that makes Hoops one of the top ones now....... LoL
Hardly brilliant news that he'll have a position supervising - presumably he's going to teach refs how to referee like Kevin Friend. :eek:

Good luck with your PL refs. Hopefully down among the dead men (not Darren Deadman, please!), we're going to have some refs who don't think their job is to blow the whistle as often as they can.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At least he announced it now. In contrast to Mike Dean, who of course wanted his little "farewell tour" first :rolleyes:

theboybilly

I never really minded Kevin Friend (or Mike Dean ever since Boro away in 2016) It's referees like Moss, Hooper and now thanfully VAR-only Lee Mason that I've wanted to see the back of. At least we still have a few years of the excellent Michael Oliver - now that's a top referee.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hardly brilliant news that he'll have a position supervising - presumably he's going to teach refs how to referee like Kevin Friend. :eek:

Good luck with your PL refs. Hopefully down among the dead men (not Darren Deadman, please!), we're going to have some refs who don't think their job is to blow the whistle as often as they can.

Alternatively, you might get some keener ones who don’t think the game is about them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The stats may not back me up but if we were ever playing a top six team I fully expected Friend to give any 50/50s to the big boys and it seemed to me he did. I sighed inwardly whenever I saw that he was the ref. Boro aside I thought Dean was much more even handed as he strutted his look at me stuff.

I’m pleased to know Friend won’t be reffing us ever again

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The stats may not back me up but if we were ever playing a top six team I fully expected Friend to give any 50/50s to the big boys and it seemed to me he did. I sighed inwardly whenever I saw that he was the ref. Boro aside I thought Dean was much more even handed as he strutted his look at me stuff.

I’m pleased to know Friend won’t be reffing us ever again

100% - I would go as far as saying 60/40’s in our favour, also went to the big six. I really would go as far as saying, that along with Jon Moss he is the worst ref I’ve seen. Obviously would add Ron Challis to that list and possibly Andy D’Urso.

Edit - and that pillock on BT Sport, who awarded Southampton a penalty when they were 3 yards outside the area and then sent Tanno off for telling the truth….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here