Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Bloody Phillips

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If i wasn't such a naturally polite person, i may have said whoosh :wink:

And if I wasn't polite, I'd have probably told you to go... No, I won't even say it now. :D

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Last season he did look sluggish at times after Xmas, but he was probably rushed back from injury too quickly seeing as he was our only goal threat, and with Barnes going in January he couldn't even be rested/rotated.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Poeple getting a tad over-touchy here. He was sluggish at times last season so a fair point, and Phillipsis hardly he first coach to claim to improve a player is he?

foxedup

May 23, 2014
Maybe we could sell them COG in January for £8 mill. He would surely also benefit from Leicester's wondrous training regime.

Alright, Leicester fan here.

I'm sure we got both got a good deal out of Ulloa, nobody really knew how he'd take to the premier so £8m was a decent risk on our park and a decent fee for you guys.

With regards training, we do have an exceptional sports science department. There was a short feature on the bbc about it (interesting watch if you can find it) so I wouldn't be too quick to scoff at claims that he is fitter than he was.

I believe Albrighton was the first or second fittest player at Villa and was about the tenth fittest here when tested. We really do put a lot of emphasis on fitness as we play a high tempo pressing game.

We heard a lot about him being sluggish and a bit lazy from some of your fans, but we really haven't seen that at all. He really chases around a lot for a bit bloke and is certainly quicker than I thought he would be.

Been really surprised by his control and skill as well, he's not just finished his chances but he's often part of the build up with some great play.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I'm sure we got both got a good deal out of Ulloa, nobody really knew how he'd take to the premier so £8m was a decent risk on our park and a decent fee for you guys.

With regards training, we do have an exceptional sports science department. There was a short feature on the bbc about it (interesting watch if you can find it) so I wouldn't be too quick to scoff at claims that he is fitter than he was.

I believe Albrighton was the first or second fittest player at Villa and was about the tenth fittest here when tested. We really do put a lot of emphasis on fitness as we play a high tempo pressing game.

We heard a lot about him being sluggish and a bit lazy from some of your fans, but we really haven't seen that at all. He really chases around a lot for a bit bloke and is certainly quicker than I thought he would be.

Been really surprised by his control and skill as well, he's not just finished his chances but he's often part of the build up with some great play.

He was sluggish for us sometimes because WE were sluggish as a team. He often chased the ball down and 90% of the time his workrate was 1st class. We simply didn't give him the service he should have received. Too many games he was very isolated and expending his energy chasing thin air.

foxedup

May 23, 2014
He was sluggish for us sometimes because WE were sluggish as a team. He often chased the ball down and 90% of the time his workrate was 1st class. We simply didn't give him the service he should have received. Too many games he was very isolated and expending his energy chasing thin air.
I dunno you never seemed very bloody sluggish against us. :whistle:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He certainly made good points about working on his movement and speed. He was described as being one paced and sluggish during his spell with us. Fair point?

Last season yes, he was sluggish (and his touch was pretty poor). But then he never looked fit (or maybe wasn't bothered).
However he was in no way sluggish in his first half season with us

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Given the amount of chances Leicester create I always thought you would be a good fit for Leo. Glad he is doing so well, may the goals continue to flow and we can cash in on the performance part of the deal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd hate it if a Palace scummer had something good to say about our club, I'd think he was a condescending ****. I laugh at ex players like him and Salako who really don't like us and can't hide it. That's how it should be.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014

Good luck to leo, and I hopoe he bangs in a hatrick against the scum !!!!!:clap2:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Leicester City had never heard of Ulloa when we plucked him from obscurity.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Phillips was probably referring to how Ulloa played in the Palace second leg.

Sluggish would have been am understatement, like the rest of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here