Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Ketchup on a pie

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So I'm sitting enjoying the 1st half on Sunday. & in front of me a person is eating a chicken pie absolutely covered on top in ketchup. Am I alone in thinking this is unnecessary seasoning of an already well seasoned product?

It totally ruined my enjoyment of watching the 1st half
I agree with you, it should have been Mayo or the dressing of a thousand islands

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve rescued a cheap, dry pie with ketchup before in a pinch. Not ideal though. You’d hope the filling would be juicy and succulent enough that a bit of gravy is all you need.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So I'm sitting enjoying the 1st half on Sunday. & in front of me a person is eating a chicken pie absolutely covered on top in ketchup. Am I alone in thinking this is unnecessary seasoning of an already well seasoned product?

It totally ruined my enjoyment of watching the 1st half
Ketchup never added anything good to anything. It tastes of salt and sugar and hasn't been anywhere near a country mile of a tomato

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ketchup never added anything good to anything. It tastes of salt and sugar and hasn't been anywhere near a country mile of a tomato
Not quite true. It has rather a lot of tomato in it . It’s mostly tomato in fact. It’s just that they put a tonne of sugar and salt into it to make it palatable for fatties and poor people.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Out of interest if it genuinely bothered you that much why didn’t you challenge the person?
No need. 07880 196442 is the clubs anti social text number to report ne'er-do-wells and wrong'uns like this ketchup fiend to and you can even anonymously grass them up via WhatsApp as well.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Not quite true. It has rather a lot of tomato in it . It’s mostly tomato in fact. It’s just that they put a tonne of sugar and salt into it to make it palatable for fatties and poor people.
IMG_7915.jpeg
IMG_7914.jpeg

The Skinny Food Co is your friend :ROFLMAO:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Way back when they released The Force Awakens at the Odean a few years ago and just after the pre film ads started playing in the semi darkness a family of underclass estate type shuffle in and plonk themselves a few seats along from me and the Mrs, Just as the Star Wars intro starts the mother reaches into her rucksack and extracts fish and chips for everyone, she then whispers loudly “anyone want ketchup and produces a bottle of Daddies that she’d obviously got from the chippy, the next ten minutes we were treated to the sauce bottle being bashed by their hands, one after the other,,

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Way back when they released The Force Awakens at the Odean a few years ago and just after the pre film ads started playing in the semi darkness a family of underclass estate type shuffle in and plonk themselves a few seats along from me and the Mrs, Just as the Star Wars intro starts the mother reaches into her rucksack and extracts fish and chips for everyone, she then whispers loudly “anyone want ketchup and produces a bottle of Daddies that she’d obviously got from the chippy, the next ten minutes we were treated to the sauce bottle being bashed by their hands, one after the other,,
🤣
I’d have had to leave. I choose cinema times very, very carefully.

So many people just don’t know how to behave in public anymore.

Libraries are probably the loudest places outside of the school classroom you will find these days.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
🤣

Libraries are probably the loudest places outside of the school classroom you will find these days.
It’s got to the stage with me that I won’t pay good money to see a film in public, I’d rather sit in my lounge now when the films are released, not having to put up with other members of the public out weighs the ‘big screen’ experience for me

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
🤣

Tony Soprano had it right. Blokes wearing a hat whilst eating in a restaurant ( even a pub eaterie). And worse still if they are way too old to wear a baseball hat!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s got to the stage with me that I won’t pay good money to see a film in public, I’d rather sit in my lounge now when the films are released, not having to put up with other members of the public out weighs the ‘big screen’ experience for me
Worthing Dome cinema on a weekday afternoon or Sunday evening is when we go.

Any other time and it’s;
Phone use, talking loudly, having a meal, getting a deliveroo to the cinema foyer (I shit you not).

All normal activities for the cinema nowadays.

People they ain’t no good.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Worthing Dome cinema on a weekday afternoon or Sunday evening is when we go.

Any other time and it’s;
Phone use, talking loudly, having a meal, getting a deliveroo to the cinema foyer (I shit you not).

All normal activities for the cinema nowadays.

People they ain’t no good.
I went to see Maverick and a geezer and his trashy Mrs were having a big row with a security guy who stopped them both with Pizza boxes

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This.....and why do cinemas persist is selling ****ing NACHOS, the noisiest food known to man ? :angry:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Jean-Paul Sartre: “L’enfer c’est Les autres”. - Hell is other people! (Corrected as par @schmunk below.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mushroom ketchup > tomato ketchup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here