Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo said:
Whats the Griffin Park thing? Was it an LDV game that we were drawn at home for and played there as Withdean was underwater?
That's the one, I went and saw McCammon score! :clap:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo said:
Whats the Griffin Park thing? Was it an LDV game that we were drawn at home for and played there as Withdean was underwater?

Correct. Drew 2-2 if i remember

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is Kerry Mayo the only Brighton and Hove Albion footballer in the whole wide world who is named after two Irish counties and has played at four different home grounds for the same club?

Seriously - hadn't realised the last bit (I'd only counted three) It could be the base for a great pub quiz question "Which league team has had 4 home grounds in the last ten years"?
Hopefully it will soon be 5 in 12 years and if they keep giving Mayo dodgy contracts he'll probably play there too :D

Lord Bracknell said:
And lost on penalties.

Am I right in thinking that Mayo got sent off? Someone did.
No. It was Cullip.

Tuesday, 9 January, 2001

Brighton 2-2 Brentford (win on pens)

Brentford advanced into the quarter-finals of the LDV Vans Trophy southern section courtesy of a 4-2 penalty shoot-out victory over Brighton.

Brighton's Paul Brooker opened the scoring after 24 minutes after he fired home from 12 yards via the right-hand post.

And three minutes later an Andy Crosby cross from the right was met by the unmarked Bobby Zamora in the six-yard box who powered home a header.

Brentford pulled a goal back after 35 minutes when a Paul Gibbs free-kick was headed down by Michael Dobson and Scott Marshall fired home from close range to reduce the arrears.

10 minutes after the break Danny Cullip was red-carded for an incident with Mark McCammon.

The numerical advantage allowing Brentford to dominate the second half and 12 minutes from time they equalised when McCammon headed home from close range.

Brentford failed to get the winner in extra-time as goalkeeper Michel Kuipers pulled off several brilliant saves.

Darren Freeman and Paul Watson missed penalties for Brighton and Paul Evans missed for the Bees, but Brentford ran out 4-2 winners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brighton: Kuipers, Watson, Mayo, Cullip, Crosby, Rogers, Hart, Brooker, Carpenter, Jones, Zamora. Subs: Freeman, Ramsay, Melton, Hammond, Virgo.

Brentford: Gottskalksson, Lovett, Ingimarsson, Dobson, Marshall, Gibbs, Rowlands, Evans, Javary, Owusu, McCammon.

Subs: O'Connor, Pinamonte, Kennedy, Williams, Paul Smith.

Referee: K Hill (Royston)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
attachment.php

I liked that kit.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I found an intersection of two streets, Kerry and Mayo, in Jo'burg last year. Wish I'd had my camera to take a photograph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here