Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerion Fallon race fixing, should punters get their money back?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
If Fallon gets found guilty ,should punters who bet on-line or still (by miracale) have their betting slips get a refund?

The guy will have committed fraud to the punters , therefore in my view be intitled to compensation.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You could try suing him, I guess, but to get money out of the bookies you'd have to PROVE they were in on it too, I think.

No chance.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gambling debts are not legally enforcable. You could have picked a winner, have a winning ticket and bookies would be within their rights not to pay you a penny. Corals did this to a winning punter about 10 years ago. He tried to sue for his winnings and lost.

Gambling debts are debts of honour. This also means that if you owe bookies, they can't sue for the money either.

They have other ways of enforcing the debts though :)

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
yes, your right.

this law of honour , also works the other way with your gambling debts, they have no legal right to claim it.

result!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
anyone 'punting' on horses must know it's crooked.

if you're a regular punter and somebody in the know gives you a 'nudge nudge' tip on some bit of gossip from a stable regarding a fixed handicap would you be on the phone to the jockey club?

it's a bent game, always has been, always will be

in my jaded opinion ........ I might be wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here