Kepler Wessels Ex-Sussex opener

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the only test player I hit in the bollocks with a ball when we were both playing for Brighton and Hove and I drove the ball back towards the bowler, it rebounded off the bowlers shins and smacked KW in the nuts.

Twas very funny at the time

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He batted left handed and bowled right handed and was the first man to play one day cricket for two different countries

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....is he the only international player to be given out on 120 odd against east Grinstead ( I think it was) come in and sulk in the dressing room and not speak to anyone during the game.

He was a miserable fukker I seem to recall

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
....is he the only international player to be given out on 120 odd against east Grinstead ( I think it was) come in and sulk in the dressing room and not speak to anyone during the game.

He was a miserable fukker I seem to recall

Sounds like your average South African sportsman who's just lost to me

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
My parents, and my granny, are all very nice. And they're South Africans.

Anyway, someone I used to play cricket with had played for Sussex 2nd XI a couple of times with Kepler, who was indeed a miserable fucker and would sit in his car at the back of the pavilion rather than the dressing room.

And isn't he Dick Knight's nephew or something?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Was so keen on cricket back in my youth that I went to a pre-season friendly when I was about 12, which happened to be KW's first game for Sussex. He opened the batting and scored 140-something, which wasn't bad.

And if anyone else on here reckons they were there too, they are lying. There was nothing but empty seats as far as the eye can see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports