Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kell Brook

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why does the BBC show it as the ref stopped the fight rather than as it was his corner retired him by throwing in the towell.

IMHO Golovkin would do the same to Eubank Jnr.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Why does the BBC show it as the ref stopped the fight rather than as it was his corner retired him by throwing in the towell.

IMHO Golovkin would do the same to Eubank Jnr.

I don't think he would. Punches were getting through, Golovkin doesn't move his head. The problem for Brook was his shots didn't hurt Golovkin, he isn't a middleweight. Eubank has more power and would land. Whether he can be slippery enough to avoid Golovkins big punches is another question, but then that's the reason the fight should happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The corner used to throw the towell in and it was recorded as a retirement but has obviously now changed. If you remember Liston stayed in his corner against Ali and that is recorded as a retirement not ref stopped fight.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Would have to be at Super-Middle for the match to be made. Ward has a tough test against Kovalev in November that's a tough one to call.

Yes, good fight that one. My money is on ward, I really do think he is the best pound for pound fighter. Rumour has it GGG dropped Kovalev with a body shot in sparring!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here