Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why? Who do we have who is better in his role?

Rohan Ince was streets ahead of him last season. Andrews is of course older and -- think about it -- even slower this season than last. Holla is preferable. And probably Toko too, but I can't say as I've only see him play for a half against Lewes. Not so sure that JFC is a better defensive midfield player though, although on today's evidence, Sami disagrees with me on that one.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
:bounce: Sounds like MK Dons are after him from Watford / Bolton (Source: Sky Bet Championship on twitter). Could he be someone Hughton would look at? talks about experience in midfield required?

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
Rohan Ince was streets ahead of him last season. Andrews is of course older and -- think about it -- even slower this season than last. Holla is preferable. And probably Toko too, but I can't say as I've only see him play for a half against Lewes. Not so sure that JFC is a better defensive midfield player though, although on today's evidence, Sami disagrees with me on that one.

Nonsense. Rohan Ince is massively overrated in my opinion. Andrews did a great job last season.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I am definitely in the minority as I thought he did a good job for us as a holding midfielder, which we have been missing this season, and he gave Dunk/Greer/Upson the confidence to go forward without worrying about whether someone was covering. It is no coincidence that we were more solid last season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am definitely in the minority as I thought he did a good job for us as a holding midfielder, which we have been missing this season, and he gave Dunk/Greer/Upson the confidence to go forward without worrying about whether someone was covering. It is no coincidence that we were more solid last season.

No, me and some mates had a chat about this, and also felt he did a good job for us. Hammond got a lot of criticism before him too, but like Andrews, that role is never going to look pretty to fans, but is essential to a team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:bounce: Sounds like MK Dons are after him from Watford / Bolton (Source: Sky Bet Championship on twitter). Could he be someone Hughton would look at? talks about experience in midfield required?

I would hope CH would consider him even as a squad player if Stephens comes back soon.

Just a thought would CH consider Jamie O Hara who wants to leave Blackpool appears to be an a......e of a man but when at Spurs and Portsmouth had ability and is experienced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here