Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keir Starmer

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cant believe Starmer will not be way better than Corbyn who promised different type of opposition . However cant see point of Starmer going straight in and criticising dealing of coronavirus. If we were in power we would be taking advice from same senior medical and science people. It is only Germany and west of that have better stats on this virus then us. Interesting I heard Andy Burnham on TV praising the government but I suppose as no longer in front line politics doesnt need to points score
Starmer will obviously show a united front front with the government over Covid-19, at least initially.

He'd be well advised to get Burnham back into national politics and onto his shadow team asap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pleased that Labour have got rid of Corbyn, shame Starmer has chosen to go on the attack on day one though, not the classiest thing to do in the current circumstances imo

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not getting into a binfest here, as I have far more important stuff to do.

Looking forward to his closet being well and truly opened by the media.

The question is will Starmer be an arse against the tories and play the big boy arguing barrister for the good of the country or just want to look for scapegoats when this is a time of togetherness, and we should all work as one.

I know what my money's on, already seen Cooper throwing so low shots in.

The fact is Starmer would take a trial against his gran, just because he has Sir in front of his name doesn't mean he is not a c***.

I can't believe you are still booing, you need to suck it up Chopper and get on with life, we are not in a place where sulking pays off, most have accepted the situation and prepared to look forward, I get the impression you wear your head back to front.

No, of course you’re not.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Starmer will obviously show a united front front with the government over Covid-19, at least initially.

He'd be well advised to get Burnham back into national politics and onto his shadow team asap.

I take it you haven't seen the news this morning? Starmer got stuck in straight away critisising the govt. Let's see if he has anything useful to offer........

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Unfortunately [MENTION=13368]BLOCK F[/MENTION], many 'top' medics and scientists are not really 'top' at all, but are instead consumate politicians, charmers and, indeed, bedazzlers. So, yes [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], decisions what ought to be scientific or medical are quite often merely political.

Apologies for the grammar - I have been toying with alternative forms of expression recently, and finding that not stitching to the usual norms is quite deliberating.

Harry, I bow to your superior knowledge of the scientific and medical world; however, I am not convinced that there aren't an awful lot of very good medics and scientists who are 'on the case', despite your fears of politicisation.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Pleased that Labour have got rid of Corbyn, shame Starmer has chosen to go on the attack on day one though, not the classiest thing to do in the current circumstances imo

What is your view of the MPs who were openly critical of Neville Chamberlain’s appeasement policy at the beginning of the Second World War?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If nothing else at least at this specific moment in time we have an opposition leader who is clearly listening to all the experts rather than someone who believes in homeopathy.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

The question is will Starmer be an arse against the tories and play the big boy arguing barrister for the good of the country or just want to look for scapegoats when this is a time of togetherness, and we should all work as one.

The fact is Starmer would take a trial against his gran, just because he has Sir in front of his name doesn't mean he is not a c***.

I can't believe you are still booing, you need to suck it up Chopper and get on with life, we are not in a place where sulking pays off, most have accepted the situation and prepared to look forward, I get the impression you wear your head back to front.

A lot of emotive language and unfounded assumptions there Mouldy.... you are getting over excited again...

Why not stay calm and get on with your 'far more important stuff'?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is your view of the MPs who were openly critical of Neville Chamberlain’s appeasement policy at the beginning of the Second World War?

Wow that is a leap of laughable proportions

I have no problem with questioning by the opposition but until I hear that he has a revolutionary solution to this crisis that no other politician has found, I’ll look down on a man who comes into power and offers no support just criticism from day one. Times have changed.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Cant believe Starmer will not be way better than Corbyn who promised different type of opposition . However cant see point of Starmer going straight in and criticising dealing of coronavirus. If we were in power we would be taking advice from same senior medical and science people. It is only Germany and west of that have better stats on this virus then us. Interesting I heard Andy Burnham on TV praising the government but I suppose as no longer in front line politics doesnt need to points score

I welcome Starmer's election to the leadership, but disappointed with his premature attack on the Government.
Your post is spot on.

Jan 30, 2008
I hate to be pedantic, but, the majority of the British electorate has never voted for Brexit, in fact, in 2019 the British electorate voted against Brexit.Meaning, they voted for parties, either opposed to Brexit, or, that wanted a so called people's vote.
In the referendum, a majority of those that voted, voted for Brexit, and not the majority of the electorate.

And that's why the Torys Smashed all before them and the country left the EU on the 31st of January 2020 zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Regards
DF

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I take it you haven't seen the news this morning? Starmer got stuck in straight away critisising the govt. Let's see if he has anything useful to offer........

Surely it's the opposition leader's job to hold the government to account. He also made it clear he wants to work with the PM in the national interest.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I assume you take the view that Johnson and his cohorts haven't put a foot wrong in the way they have dealt with this crisis?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At least it's a turn in the right direction. Will he get rid of the scourge that is Momentum by expelling them

From what I have read and heard, a number of Momentum people have already seen sense and were actually supporting and even campaigning for Starmer. There are noises being made that he is already beginning to unite the party.

Jan 30, 2008
A lot of emotive language and unfounded assumptions there Mouldy.... you are getting over excited again...

Why not stay calm and get on with your 'far more important stuff'?

The one you highlighted at the bottom about accepting and moving on ,its obvious you have super glue on the soles of your feet :wave:
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here