Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Hyppia sack Jones

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014
at least until 16.50 on Saturday when the other results come in! I wonder if those detractors of Jones remember the days when he had a dead squirrel on his head?

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
He was assistant manager not the coach...Lets be honest we were bloody awfull last season and the football was dire regardless of us fluking a playoff spot.

Jones is an amature full stop and we have two amatures managing a experienced squad.Jones needs to drop down a couple of divisions and progress that way.
He's just another inexperienced puppet and needs to go with hyypia :)

What a stupid post. You are letting the Jones detractors down badly with that effort:

1.'He was assistant manager not the coach' - no he was coach. He became AM under Hyypia
2. 'Lets be honest we were bloody awfull last season' - really? you should have seen us a few years back in the late '90's. That was awfull(sic).
3. 'regardless of us fluking a playoff spot' - in what way did we fluke it?? After 46 games we finished 6th and as such we were the 6th best team in the division. That qualifies for a play off spot.
4. 'Jones is an amature ' - what is an amature? If you mean amateur I would be very surprised. I am sure he gets paid for what he does.
5. 'Jones needs to drop down a couple of divisions and progress that way' - he was AM and coach at Yeovil so he has done exactly what you suggest.
6. 'He's just another inexperienced puppet' - clearly not so then.

I would say try again, but please don't.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a stupid post. You are letting the Jones detractors down badly with that effort:

1.'He was assistant manager not the coach' - no he was coach. He became AM under Hyypia
2. 'Lets be honest we were bloody awfull last season' - really? you should have seen us a few years back in the late '90's. That was awfull(sic).
3. 'regardless of us fluking a playoff spot' - in what way did we fluke it?? After 46 games we finished 6th and as such we were the 6th best team in the division. That qualifies for a play off spot.
4. 'Jones is an amature ' - what is an amature? If you mean amateur I would be very surprised. I am sure he gets paid for what he does.
5. 'Jones needs to drop down a couple of divisions and progress that way' - he was AM and coach at Yeovil so he has done exactly what you suggest.
6. 'He's just another inexperienced puppet' - clearly not so then.

I would say try again, but please don't.

Stop talking shite...
1,Yes he was coach last season and we was dire regardless of finishing 6th..Very very lucky
2,In the 90's we had a shite stadium and players on low wages and no expectations...what a pathetic comparison
3,Yes we fluked it and was dire regardless of amazingly finishing 6th
4,Not worth mentioning
5,Coached at yeovil,but he's still an amateur and learning his trade...We need experience and he has very little of that.
6, He's useless just like hyppia and out of his depth here

We need experience not cheap options...Its that simple
You're clueless

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Stop talking shite...
1,Yes he was coach last season and we was dire regardless of finishing 6th..Very very lucky
2,In the 90's we had a shite stadium and players on low wages and no expectations...what a pathetic comparison
4,Not worth mentioning
5,Coached at yeovil,but he's still an amateur and learning his trade...We need experience and he has very little of that.

You're clueless

So, I have pointed out that you earlier post was based on a lot of factual errors. You have confirmed above that your first post was full of factual errors - and you call me clueless??

You are full of hot hot air mate. If you feel that he is 'out of his depth' please post some meaningful evidence.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Sack them both, we need a new team at the top.....and it needs to happen now, before the Jan window opens and to allow the new guys to at least have a couple of December games to evaluate.

This

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Actually he was 'Assistant Head Coach' (http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/roberts-backs-jones-for-success-932188.aspx). Since it was confirmed by the club that there was effectively no difference between the 'head coach' title Oscar supposedly chose and 'manager', it follows that there is no difference between 'assistant head coach' and 'assistant manager'.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't really know what Jones does so don't have much of an issue with him, but I do wonder how this season would have gone had Sammy Lee stayed with us, or if Sami had brought in a similar number two. Given that we were looking to have Jones as first team coach, and sammy lee as an assistant manager, I don't think we need to sack Jones if we want to bring in an older, experienced, number two.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't really know what Jones does so don't have much of an issue with him, but I do wonder how this season would have gone had Sammy Lee stayed with us, or if Sami had brought in a similar number two. Given that we were looking to have Jones as first team coach, and sammy lee as an assistant manager, I don't think we need to sack Jones if we want to bring in an older, experienced, number two.

Lennie Lawrence or if he would do it , which I doubt Curbishley.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Stop talking shite...
4,Not worth mentioning

You're clueless

Genuine question.....have you ever actually watched Nathan Jones coach? and i don't mean just on the sidelines or before games. I really mean watching his work on the training ground??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Genuine question.....have you ever actually watched Nathan Jones coach? and i don't mean just on the sidelines or before games. I really mean watching his work on the training ground??

Don't be silly. He doesn't even watch matches.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Stop talking shite...
4,Not worth mentioning

You're clueless

Anyone that says that you can "fluke" a league position over a 46 game season is clueless. The football may not have been to your taste but it wasn't a fluke. We were the 6th best side in the league last season over a 46 game stretch. Perhaps your issue is that you don't have to be that good to finish 6th, Palace weren't when they went up under Dowie.

For me it invalidates any other point you make, if you are just re-writing history to suit your point.

Last edited:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
This is probably the worst point yet.....lets look at what we know so far....

I can tell you, Nathan Jones is a superb coach and infact one of the best young coaches around the game in this country...thats a promise. He also is very passionate about the club and actually shows it, so i've got no idea why people wan't HIM out so much. ALSO, last season under the head coach of Oscar Garcia, Oscar did very little coaching on the training ground, such is the role of a head coach. He liked to explain what we needed to work on and then let his coaches (Jones, Martinez, Torrijo Navarro etc) do the actual coaching of that. Jones took on the majority of this coaching.....and that season went pretty well did it not?!

This season however, we have a MANAGER and one who likes to do a lot of the coaching....an old fashioned manager in that respect. Jones therefore has taken a big step back from the day to day coaching to allow the manager to do it. Is it not possible a big factor in our decline that Jones isn't actually doing much coaching at all?

Shoot down that theory if you will, but i would bet my house on it being a HUGE factor

i'd just like to bounce this.....!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This thread just about sums up how fickle all football fans are, some more so than others it has to be said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here