Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim Richards

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why? Because its the trendy thing to do to say so now? Because you're told that it is by the trendy press? I bet you didn't say that ten years ago.

Completely ridiculous. First of all you say homophobia is as bad as racism, then you say that it's OK to do a little bit of light homophobic ribbing, as long as you don't take it too far. What staggering hypocrisy. Are you saying that, for example, monkey chants and throwing bananas is going too far, but a bit of lift hearted racism, say singing "We can see you throwing spears", would be fine?

Try thinking for yourself instead of repeating things you've read in the Guardian.

:D Seen off !!

- - - Updated - - -

Listen flower. I do fully understand that and i also know when not to get my knickers all in a twist over something so pathetic. People like you are tedious and dull and quite frankly embarrassing.
This.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why? Because its the trendy thing to do to say so now? Because you're told that it is by the trendy press? I bet you didn't say that ten years ago.

Hate crime was passed in 1998 so ten years ago it was a crime. You may not agree with the legislation but it is there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

Hate crime was passed in 1998 so ten years ago it was a crime. You may not agree with the legislation but it is there.

My point was that its ridiculous how over a period of time people develop completely different views to the ones they used to have, because of what they are told to think. "It's 2013" they say. Well so what? Just because times change, doesn't mean that they necessarily change for the better. If people thought for themselves instead f just repeating what they are told, the world would be a better place.

Nobody seems to be able to take a step back from the whole racism / homophobia / any other ism thing and realise quite how ridiculous it has all become. And there's nothing more sickening than white middle class people being offended on somebody (who they see as lower than them, which is racist / homophobic in itself) else's behalf. It's so patronising its often worse than the racism / homophobia they were supposedly so offended by in the first place.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Some posts on this thread are outstandingly embarrassing. Here's two scenarios for you.

CKR does multiple (graphic) homophobic gestures, people report him = those people need to man up.

Another Blackburn player does multiple racist gestures towards a fan or player, people report him = rightfully so.

The law says there is no difference between the two as they are both hate crimes. Why the different reactions?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't need to see the incident to know that if it happened it should be reported. If it didn't then it's a fuss about nothing and no doubt he'll be let off. If he did do it then he deserves punishment.

Dear God what a depressing thread this is... The amount of people actually defending homophobic abuse is embarassing. If CKR had called us all w**kers or sworn at us, it would have been a different story, but he didn't he went for the homophobic choice and he should be met with the appropriate punishment (if it's proven).

- - - Updated - - -

Some posts on this thread are outstandingly embarrassing. Here's two scenarios for you.

CKR does multiple (graphic) homophobic gestures, people report him = those people need to man up.

Another Blackburn player does multiple racist gestures towards a fan or player, people report him = rightfully so.

The law says there is no difference between the two as they are both hate crimes. Why the different reactions?

Exactly. Well put.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No wonder we get so much grief from other fans. Seriously, some people need to take a joke and realize not everything is a personal attack on them. It's a good job fat people, or short people are not so sensitive. Christ almighty, the bloke was having a bit of banter with fans who WERE abusing him. Get over it, if you can't handle that, perhaps football isn't really the best place for you to be.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No wonder we get so much grief from other fans. Seriously, some people need to take a joke and realize not everything is a personal attack on them. It's a good job fat people, or short people are not so sensitive. Christ almighty, the bloke was having a bit of banter with fans who WERE abusing him. Get over it, if you can't handle that, perhaps football isn't really the best place for you to be.
I can hear the flasks of bovril being knocked over in the stampede to tell you that this is 2013 , we've moved on, "footie" is inclusive now...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
25 pages

2 bans

multiple liberals close to suicide due to being offended

I think what this thread shows as others have done is there is a fair percentage of people who hate gays, our fans included and as such think this sort of thing a non issue just as a certain percentage of fans are rasist and will continue to be rasist but careful what they say and do.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Players giving gay abuse? Totally unacceptable.

They are at work. In any other job, if they abused customers in that way, they'd be suspended pending dismissal.

I know this will be unpopular with some, but I've done my bit and reported the tosser at FootballforAll@TheFA.com

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was childish behaviour from CKR, but our job as fans, knowing he has a short fuse, was to wind him up and put him off his game, in which we succeeded.

Unnecessary gesture from the KFC with extra coleslaw kid? Yes. Homophobic, not so sure.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If someone is offended by what they perceive as a hate crime then it's their prerogative to report it. I don't see why the discussion should go beyond that.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think what this thread shows as others have done is there is a fair percentage of people who hate gays, our fans included and as such think this sort of thing a non issue just as a certain percentage of fans are rasist and will continue to be rasist but careful what they say and do.
I dont hate gays US, not by any stretch of the imagination, was what kazim-richards did distasteful ? Yes it was, is worthy of one second of police time ? No.
To all the people complaining about kids seeing him do it, come on , if my 9 year old had seen it and asked what he was doing I would've said " I'm not sure ,he's just being silly" and that would've been that, if my 11 year old had seen it, well he's at secondary school and i'm pretty sure he'd have known what he was doing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

Yes Unc, because a few people have suggested that when 20,000 people give someone abuse for 90 minutes an he turns round and has a go back (in exactly the same way that thousands if away fans do every week) that perhaps we should all get over ourselves a bit, it means they HATE gays

This place just gets stranger and stranger.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

firstly i know its early but can you please check your spelling.....it winds me up no end!!

secondly i really dont think there is fair percentage of people that hate gays(our fans included) but maybe i am just naive

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes Unc, because a few people have suggested that when 20,000 people give someone abuse for 90 minutes an he turns round and has a go back (in exactly the same way that thousands if away fans do every week) that perhaps we should all get over ourselves a bit, it means they HATE gays

This place just gets stranger and stranger.

I am not accusing anyone on this thread , just it is a fact a certain percentage of people will hate gays and always hate gays and will not consider hate crimes against them to be any sort of an issue and will actively encourage it, the same as a certain percentage of people hate black people and always will and would not even sit next to one but if it is so strongly ingrained in their belief system no amount of educating them will do a jot of good. It is sad though that anyone that objects to it is called a limp wristed , liberal, wet one, as that does not help the debate at all.

- - - Updated - - -

firstly i know its early but can you please check your spelling.....it winds me up no end!!

secondly i really dont think there is fair percentage of people that hate gays(our fans included) but maybe i am just naive

I think you are.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

To all the people complaining about kids seeing him do it, come on , if my 9 year old had seen it and asked what he was doing I would've said " I'm not sure ,he's just being silly" and that would've been that, if my 11 year old had seen it, well he's at secondary school and i'm pretty sure he'd have known what he was doing.

Not one person has complained about kids seeing it. But carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here