[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Another day another goal.

Hopefully we’ll be seeing him in the Premier League soon!

Well done Kaz![emoji106]

As a massive Lua-Lua fan, I hope I'm proved wrong, but I can't see that happening.

As brilliant as he was – and as breathtaking some if his runs were – it all became a bit predictable and I think he'd just be found out at a higher level than he was at in his time with the Albion.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As a massive Lua-Lua fan, I hope I'm proved wrong, but I can't see that happening.

As brilliant as he was – and as breathtaking some if his runs were – it all became a bit predictable and I think he'd just be found out at a higher level than he was at in his time with the Albion.

He almost certainly won’t ever play in the Premier League.

But are we classifying that a career failure? He’ll end his career having had a good number of appearances and goals and in the second and third tier. He’ll end with at least one divisional player of the month and as far as I can tell, be warmly received back at all the clubs he’s played for

That’s despite huge amounts of time lost to serious injury

The PL isn’t the be all and end all. Why do so many people think it is, even though we’ve only been in it a couple of years.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He almost certainly won’t ever play in the Premier League.

But are we classifying that a career failure? He’ll end his career having had a good number of appearances and goals and in the second and third tier. He’ll end with at least one divisional player of the month and as far as I can tell, be warmly received back at all the clubs he’s played for

That’s despite huge amounts of time lost to serious injury

The PL isn’t the be all and end all. Why do so many people think it is, even though we’ve only been in it a couple of years.

Barring your first statement, I didn't say (or even alluded to) any of that.

I'm just responding to the other post :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nah, Kaz could take the ball to the goal line and cross, and even score with his weaker left foot. Izquierdo is right footed and cannot cross or shoot with his left.

Yes, this.

Izquierdo has put one decent cross in with his left foot since he joined (and I’m not entirely sure he didn’t slip [emoji2]).

KLL was an exciting player for us. Championship player of the month, when he had his last really good spell.

Unfortunately he always seemed to pick up an injury when he had momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Slightly tongue in cheek from me but I’m a big Lua-Lua fan too. He was more than a handful in some games and unplayable at times.

A sub in the Championship might be his level but I liked his style a lot and can’t think of another Albion player with that combination of force of shot, brilliant dribbling ability, speed, strength, unpredictability aided by a complete lack of the ability to read a game or understand how passing works!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Slightly tongue in cheek from me but I’m a big Lua-Lua fan too. He was more than a handful in some games and unplayable at times.

A sub in the Championship might be his level but I liked his style a lot and can’t think of another Albion player with that combination of force of shot, brilliant dribbling ability, speed, strength, unpredictability aided by a complete lack of the ability to read a game or understand how passing works!

Hmmmm reminds me of a certain player we have lurking on the fringe of a starting birth who has just come back from injury.(not Izzy).....any guesses?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes, this.

Izquierdo has put one decent cross in with his left foot since he joined (and I’m not entirely sure he didn’t slip [emoji2]).

KLL was an exciting player for us. Championship player of the month, when he had his last really good spell.

Unfortunately he always seemed to pick up an injury when he had momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes indeed and I would add that ironically most injuries were self inflicted from his somersault celebrations. When he was on that goal scoring streak under Hughton it ended up with him doing about 4 or 5 somersaults in a row, and then he was out injured for several months.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Lua Lua was one of the first players we signed under Poyet that really made me feel like we were moving up fast. He was such an upgrade on what we had and got everyone on their feet constantly. I always felt he had "it" whenever he played for us at whatever level but his injuries killed him hamstrings sadly.

On a side note, I really don't get the Izquierdo battering. He's barely had enough of a go to be judged positively or negatively. My question is whether he'll fit back into Potter's system

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
On a side note, I really don't get the Izquierdo battering. He's barely had enough of a go to be judged positively or negatively. My question is whether he'll fit back into Potter's system

I was thinking the other day - will Izquierdo ever play again for Albion again? Something must be seriously wrong with his knee to have been out this long. Injured in the last world cup wasn't he?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lua Lua was one of the first players we signed under Poyet that really made me feel like we were moving up fast. He was such an upgrade on what we had and got everyone on their feet constantly. I always felt he had "it" whenever he played for us at whatever level but his injuries killed him hamstrings sadly.

The guy was saying it wasn't Izquierdo. which I think confused everyone as otherwise it sounded like the only one he could be referencing.

Hope he will be back. Though he'll have to get past some bloody good players to get a game

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
The season we missed out on goal difference had been the Lua Lua show. He was unstoppable before his injury. For uncontrollable excitement, his permanent signing was up there with both Zamora signings and the arrival of Vicente. I fear he will never get back to that form.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GOAL: Luton 1-0 Fulham
Kazenga LuaLua (5 mins)

Blimey, Luton have taken the lead and they've done so in quite some style!

Fulham defender Alfie Mawson messes around with the ball inside his own box and is dispossessed before James Collins tees up Kazanga LuaLua to firehome.

Not the start Fulham will have wanted.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The season we missed out on goal difference had been the Lua Lua show. He was unstoppable before his injury..

Wasn’t his injured in September ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports