Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
Wow. That jarred.

I think Hughton is WAY beyond "giving a brother a chance". Frankly, I can't believe you've even brought race into it. How is that relevant ?? He'll stand or fall by his ability and performances, just like any other player in the squad, regardless of colour.
Seeing as Hughton moved him out of NUFC in the first place (partly due to off field indiscretions), it seems strange that many are surprised CH didn't fancy him much here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's a shame for the amount of time he was with us that he never made any appearances in the Prem. He never took the piss like Leon Best or Kemy Agustien and was always a good member of the squad.
He wasn't the same after his injury.

Even the fact that he is a black player he didn't win the sentiment or encouragement from Hughton.
What happened to you? I'm sure you were normal a couple of years ago.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes I have decided to be racist this year by suggesting Hughton is a great role model for black players and managers because he can relate to them, and that I am surprised that the quality that Kaz has shown with us over the years that there wasn’t a Prem opening for him on merit. On his day he is a better player than Skalak and Murphy, and similar to Izquierdo but with a better left foot.

I’m not talking about special treatment because of race, just belief in a good player who he could help guide and motivate through his own experience. Hughton tried to help revive the career of the lost player in Leon Best, who was at Newcastle with him, but without return. Kaz on the other hand always gave 100%.

Some of you lot are such ****ing sad ***** with nothing better to do all day but nitpick and take issue with a casual comment on a manager who supports black betterment in the game.

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
Yes I have decided to be racist this year by suggesting Hughton is a great role model for black players and managers because he can relate to them, and that I am surprised that the quality that Kaz has shown with us over the years that there wasn’t a Prem opening for him on merit. On his day he is a better player than Skalak and Murphy, and similar to Izquierdo but with a better left foot.

I’m not talking about special treatment because of race, just belief in a good player who he could help guide and motivate through his own experience. Hughton tried to help revive the career of the lost player in Leon Best, who was at Newcastle with him, but without return. Kaz on the other hand always gave 100%.

Some of you lot are such ****ing sad ***** with nothing better to do all day but nitpick and take issue with a casual comment on a manager who supports black betterment in the game.

It seems par for the course on messageboards for people to be both over sensitive and over critical.

Perhaps the underlying reason for any offence people felt towards your comments lies in the fact that one would hope CH is committed equally to the prosperity of all players under his charge, regardless of their race. Similarly, one would hope none of his players would enjoy favouritism above others simply because they share the same skin colour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Katz didn't always give 100%. He often had times where he couldn't be bothered. I can remember him in an under 21s match where Gus came to watch him, to give him one more chance.
Kaz fell out with Ian Holloway & was sent back early from his loan, some of which was turning up late for training.
He did very well when he wasn't injured, but went through periods of not giving a damn, instead of working hard. His private life left a lot to be desired, with various court cases.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Katz didn't always give 100%. He often had times where he couldn't be bothered. I can remember him in an under 21s match where Gus came to watch him, to give him one more chance.
Kaz fell out with Ian Holloway & was sent back early from his loan, some of which was turning up late for training.
He did very well when he wasn't injured, but went through periods of not giving a damn, instead of working hard. His private life left a lot to be desired, with various court cases.

It seems par for the course on messageboards for people to be both over sensitive and over critical.

Perhaps the underlying reason for any offence people felt towards your comments lies in the fact that one would hope CH is committed equally to the prosperity of all players under his charge, regardless of their race. Similarly, one would hope none of his players would enjoy favouritism above others simply because they share the same skin colour.

It's about man management, and someone like Knockaert needs to be managed differently to someone like Kaz. Knockaert got all the support, love and hugs when he was going through a bad time. I explained in my previous post that Kaz was on fire at the start of Hughtons second season and maybe if he got half the special treatment Knockaert had it may have sorted Kaz's head out. He may have had issues but he wasn't a Kemy or Leon Best, and he wasn't disruptive to the group of players.

I don't feel guilty for suggesting that it would be easier for Hughton to relate to a troubled black player than someone like Pulis. NSC is just full of nitpickers who love to hang onto every sentence as if their lives depended on it. The best thing for me to do is not bother commenting if it’s going to drag me into defending one small detail, whilst the rest of my comment is overlooked. I really have got much better things to do than get gragged into time wasting bullshit.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's about man management, and someone like Knockaert needs to be managed differently to someone like Kaz. Knockaert got all the support, love and hugs when he was going through a bad time. I explained in my previous post that Kaz was on fire at the start of Hughtons second season and maybe if he got half the special treatment Knockaert had it may have sorted Kaz's head out. He may have had issues but he wasn't a Kemy or Leon Best, and he wasn't disruptive to the group of players.

I don't feel guilty for suggesting that it would be easier for Hughton to relate to a troubled black player than someone like Pulis. NSC is just full of nitpickers who love to hang onto every sentence as if their lives depended on it. The best thing for me to do is not bother commenting if it’s going to drag me into defending one small detail, whilst the rest of my comment is overlooked. I really have got much better things to do than get gragged into time wasting bullshit.

I haven't read the whole thread but I'm guessing that you don't know how KLL was handled by Hughton. They may have tried various techniques but to no avail. If the player doesn't respond then what can you do. He's seen himself slip down the pecking order to the point where he was probably, in the eyes of the management, behind Skalak. If he goes on loan and still doesn't put in the effort what can you do. He has had some great moments for the club but that's it. You can't live on your 'potential' for ever. At Oxford last year in the cup he was absolutely dire and couldn't be bothered. He was only interested when he had the ball at his feet and we all know that every player has a responsibility to defend when we lose the ball.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I haven't read the whole thread but I'm guessing that you don't know how KLL was handled by Hughton. They may have tried various techniques but to no avail. If the player doesn't respond then what can you do. He's seen himself slip down the pecking order to the point where he was probably, in the eyes of the management, behind Skalak. If he goes on loan and still doesn't put in the effort what can you do. He has had some great moments for the club but that's it. You can't live on your 'potential' for ever. At Oxford last year in the cup he was absolutely dire and couldn't be bothered. He was only interested when he had the ball at his feet and we all know that every player has a responsibility to defend when we lose the ball.

You could say exactly the same thing about Knockaert and March in parts of games too. And yes I am not privy to what goes on behind closed doors but I am still allowed to be surprised that Hughton wasn't able to sort his head out because if anyone could he could. If everyone is suggesting that Kaz is beyond help and his career is as good as over then fair enough, but he has been a good servant to the club over the last 7 years and I think it's a shame that he never made one appearance in the Prem with us, that's all.

Of course having this opinion is bang out of order and I am a **** for expressing this view.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You could say exactly the same thing about Knockaert and March in parts of games too. And yes I am not privy to what goes on behind closed doors but I am still allowed to be surprised that Hughton wasn't able to sort his head out because if anyone could he could. If everyone is suggesting that Kaz is beyond help and his career is as good as over then fair enough, but he has been a good servant to the club over the last 7 years and I think it's a shame that he never made one appearance in the Prem with us, that's all.

Of course having this opinion is bang out of order and I am a **** for expressing this view.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion.

I would have loved KLL to have lived up to his potential and two seasons ago it looked like he might just do that and then he got injured which is the pattern of his career here. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he has been a good servant of the club, he's just been here a long time. He has talent but clearly needs to get his head sorted if he's going to achieve anything in the latter part of his career, the next stage of which may well be in League One!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If everyone is suggesting that Kaz is beyond help and his career is as good as over then fair enough
We're not. We're saying that (partly down to injuries) he's not good enough for the PL, and we have better.
but he has been a good servant to the club over the last 7 years
I'm sure most agree.
and I think it's a shame that he never made one appearance in the Prem with us, that's all.

As you well know, no one criticised you for that opinion, you were criticised for saying that his race should have affected how he was treated, which is just ****ing weird.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

He isn't good enough to play in the Premier League . . . end of.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Quite a possibility of him rocking up at Luton in L1 next year..... would be my guess.

Although if fit we all know he can be a top championship player.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We're not. We're saying that (partly down to injuries) he's not good enough for the PL, and we have better.
I'm sure most agree.
As you well know, no one criticised you for that opinion, you were criticised for saying that his race should have affected how he was treated, which is just ****ing weird.

No it's not, that's not exactly what I said, now **** off you sad ****.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Good bye, Kaz!

Loved your enthusiasm!

Don't forget to leave your forwarding address for when we feel desperate enough to sign you back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here