Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] kazakhstan. How far would you travel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I we dreaming too much ?

That and 'just win a trophy' (like it's so easy) are all we have to dream about.
Other than those dreaming of relegation.

Burnley fulfilled their dreams a couple of seasons ago, drawing a phenomenal tie at...

...checks notes....

... Aberdeen....

..oh.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Away pubs for Kazakhstan please ?

O'Shaughessy's Irish bar serves a nice cold guinness. Address: Old Silk Road, Prospekt Park, Almaty.

Now an important word on safety.

According to the US Department of State, Kazakhstan is safer than France and Germany, and a darn sight safer than England.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd be there. But wouldn't trust ST to get me there. 3.5 hours to Brentford and not knowing the route or where the coach park is, they'd probably take us to the wrong country.
Just as long as the beer is cheap and the wife wants a mid week holiday.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I we ever qualify for Europe- Prepare yourself for the absolute meltdown on NSC with one big binfest with threads ranging from ticket allocation to how bad the beer is in the ground

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I we ever qualify for Europe- Prepare yourself for the absolute meltdown on NSC with one big binfest with threads ranging from ticket allocation to how bad the beer is in the ground

'Can I still travel to Hungary if I'm not a racist?'

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Absolutely. A trip to Kazakhstan would be far more alluring than a French or German team. If I had the finances, I'd have a few days there

Don't forget to pack your mankini.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would go anywhere but would leave on 80 minutes.
I don't think we would take many because;
A) It's outside of Sussex
B) No Harvey's
C) No farm shops.
D) Still on holiday.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Realistically for me by car

Real Sociedad (San Sebastian) 270 km
Osasuna (Pamplona) 269 km
Bordeaux 200 km
Toulouse 75 km

Bordeaux are currently bottom of Ligue 1 (but early days)

Toulouse currently top of ligue 2 ( so a possibility in a season or two)

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The years are passing ever faster for me now and seeing this thread has made me realise that , health permitting , there is absolutely no way i would pass up an opportunity to watch my beloved albion play competitively in europe !!
Any chance i can request switzerland as i have never been ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anyone who makes the trip to Kazakhstan deserves to have their loyalty points topped up by 1,000 points

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Knowing our luck it would be Connah's Quay Nomads F.C.

Rather recklessly I have vowed to go to our first European away game, no matter where it is.
I could easily walk it back by virtue of the distance memory it'll be if IF it does every come about except for one this:-

I told Jnr he'd be going too.

Now the lad might not be able to remember, keys, facts for an examination of where he left his bank card.

But despite in 20 years time me being bent double, crippled, riddled with Alzhemers Disease he'll bloody well remember 'but you said' and proceed to rinse me for the trip to Uzbekistan.

Just tell him "Uzbekistan's a shithole and he'd want to go home". You could even sing it.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Does Russia have a team at the Japan end of the country? I'd go to that.

Perhaps SKA-Khabarovsk, if they gain promotion to the Russian first division and somehow qualify for Europe in a few seasons' time?

FC Luch Vladivostok are even closer, but apparently they have dropped down to the amateur leagues now sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here