Kaz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
If he learns to cross a ball consistently, he's got a shout of playing top-flight football - he's certainly got the pace and the beating of a full back. But that's a big if.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Totally under rated obviously as he's an unbelievably good impact player. You can feel the buzz go round the stadium whenever he's on the ball. He's the kind of player who actually provides some entertainment unlike pretty much the entirety of our squad. He's also worked a lot on his defensive game.

Would be a MASSIVE loss if he left.

He is easily as good as, if not better than the likes of Yannick Bolaisie and Jason Puncheon who now look decent prem players.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With any luck the penny might have dropped with his goal on Sunday, it is possible to score from outside the box with a well placed shot rather than trying to hit the ball so hard there is a risk it will burst either on impact of the foot or hitting the stadium roof by the corner flag

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If he learns to cross a ball consistently, he's got a shout of playing top-flight football - he's certainly got the pace and the beating of a full back. But that's a big if.

He is actually very consistent in his crossing - it goes to one of two places: hard and low to the corner of the goal area or the one that looks like it's over-hit high past the far post. The latter one requires someone just to knock it down for an onrushing midfielder to hammer home. Unfortunately, without Crofts, we don't have anyone like that. And we have no-one with the anticipation to gamble on the space near the far post.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He is actually very consistent in his crossing - it goes to one of two places: hard and low to the corner of the goal area or the one that looks like it's over-hit high past the far post. The latter one requires someone just to knock it down for an onrushing midfielder to hammer home. Unfortunately, without Crofts, we don't have anyone like that. And we have no-one with the anticipation to gamble on the space near the far post.

Surely there's a 3rd option - screwed wildly off his toe into the stand behind the goal?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Quite (very) often the ball will be passed to him and he has the opportunity to keep ahead of the defence and head into the area for shot/pass/etc., however he rarely does this. What he does when he gets the ball (either on the run or otherwise) is stop and almost wait for two defenders to be in front of him and then "try" some magic to beat them. It's a bit of a one trick pony in that respect. An experienced/good defender can deal with this pretty easily (esp at premiership level!). If he mixed things up a bit (taking the ball on the run and CARRY on forward for example) then he could be very good player. Just seems he's too obsessed about "taking out" two defenders from a static ball, i.e. showing off! :D

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Quite (very) often the ball will be passed to him and he has the opportunity to keep ahead of the defence and head into the area for shot/pass/etc., however he rarely does this. What he does when he gets the ball (either on the run or otherwise) is stop and almost wait for two defenders to be in front of him and then "try" some magic to beat them. It's a bit of a one trick pony in that respect. An experienced/good defender can deal with this pretty easily (esp at premiership level!). If he mixed things up a bit (taking the ball on the run and CARRY on forward for example) then he could be very good player. Just seems he's too obsessed about "taking out" two defenders from a static ball, i.e. showing off! :D

I agree to an extent, however his pace is all about the first 5 yards. THis in my opinion is why he always starts from the stop position as it were.
I agree though he should mix it up a bit more.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Seems some doubt that it was on Radio One - perhaps it wasn't. No, I didn't hear myself, my son phoned me to say that he had heard while having his hair cut - I am sure that he said "Radio 1" but perhaps he didn't. One thing that I do know is that he heard it - he's not likely to wind me up (about football anyway!)

Was he getting his hair cut by a short black man with a Mohican?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Doesn't Kaz normally use Twitter to express his frustrations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports