Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Best player away at Chelsea, no one played well at Everton and he had a decent game Saturday when we should have won.
We have won 2 away games this season so you think we would have won them very tough 2 games with Stephens? What a load of crap you talk.
So you think we wont strengthen our midfield in the summer? He will struggle for game time next season, and will probably be off by January.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Expect Kayal will be here next season as squad player with Sidwell released.
Centre midfield is probably our main priority in the summer transfer window.
Kayal was not the reason we lost, that was solely down to Gatean Bong (for the second match running -Everton)..

No it wasn’t ‘solely’ down to Bong - it was at least much down to Murray missing two absolutely golden chances, and Izquierdo shooting when he should’ve squared it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As is most obvious from my posts I do not rate Kayal highly in The Premier BUT I believe that we will sign another midfielder in a similar vein to Propper and Stephens to be the player to cov er for them or even push them for a start and that Kayal will revert to being the follow up to Sidwell, if he is prepared to accept that bit part role. I believe that Kayals best role is as a man marker but clubs do not tend to use man markers much nowadays.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As is most obvious from my posts I do not rate Kayal highly in The Premier BUT I believe that we will sign another midfielder in a similar vein to Propper and Stephens to be the player to cov er for them or even push them for a start and that Kayal will revert to being the follow up to Sidwell, if he is prepared to accept that bit part role. I believe that Kayals best role is as a man marker but clubs do not tend to use man markers much nowadays.

I would have never guessed that you didn’t rate Kayal... wonder what the manager thinks

Re signing another midfielder...yep pretty obvious

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing can ever take away how good he was for us in The Championship but unfortunately he is one whose level is just that Championship and should we release him he will serve a Reading or Fulham well. I noticed that Lammie Robertson didnt comment on my view that he is best employed as a man marker rather than expect him to fill Stephens or Proppers boots.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree that we definitely need more CM's this summer, but revising your wish list slightly, I'd like to see:

1. A mobile, tough-tackling DM in the mould of Stephens and Sidwell (assuming Sidwell leaves/retires); and
2. An attacking CM with real pace. Gross and Propper are great buys, but don't trouble opponents with their speed.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Should we give Norwood another chance. He's evidently been superb for a promotion chasing Fulham?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like to see us sign,not him obviously, but a player in the mould of Liam Bridcutt with his style of play and possibly somebody like Harry Arter or Andrew Sturman from Bournemouth as the AM but I am sure the recruitment team are lining up another player or two in Europe. Could Norwood come back and up the anti.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nothing can ever take away how good he was for us in The Championship but unfortunately he is one whose level is just that Championship and should we release him he will serve a Reading or Fulham well. I noticed that Lammie Robertson didnt comment on my view that he is best employed as a man marker rather than expect him to fill Stephens or Proppers boots.

I’ll pass your complaint on to my ‘poster’ service department

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here